Week 15: VIKINGS (6-7) vs. Bears (6-7)

swede700

7 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Drafting a QB doesn’t make this team better. 

Agreed, but over drafted a DT does not make them better either.  No DT honestly I feel should be drafted 1st round by the Vikings.  There are good ones but unless Twyman is some workout beast or something, same with Jay Tufele they should not be picked that high, and Marvin Wilson has been unspectacular this year so to me it is OL all the way.

Rashawn Slater is very interesting no question, but Josh Myers has been great and could be a OG if a team wants him to and sadly is possibly a better stronger center than Bradbury.  I would say he is better than his teammate Wyatt Davis arguably, especially at the point of attack, Davis is a little more athletic.  I would be fine with either one though.  Carman and Leatherwood should be gone by the Vikings pick, same with Sewell.  

Still love Landon Dickerson with his passion and attitude, sadly he is out for the next two games Bama is playing so that is a massive loss for them and college football.  He was a fun center to watch and pretty damn impressive, could argue he should win the Rimington award this year.  Not sure he is a 1st round pick and with the Vikings not having a 2nd rounder is probably gone by their selection anyway.  

51 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Agreed, but over drafted a DT does not make them better either.  No DT honestly I feel should be drafted 1st round by the Vikings.  There are good ones but unless Twyman is some workout beast or something, same with Jay Tufele they should not be picked that high, and Marvin Wilson has been unspectacular this year so to me it is OL all the way.

Rashawn Slater is very interesting no question, but Josh Myers has been great and could be a OG if a team wants him to and sadly is possibly a better stronger center than Bradbury.  I would say he is better than his teammate Wyatt Davis arguably, especially at the point of attack, Davis is a little more athletic.  I would be fine with either one though.  Carman and Leatherwood should be gone by the Vikings pick, same with Sewell.  

Still love Landon Dickerson with his passion and attitude, sadly he is out for the next two games Bama is playing so that is a massive loss for them and college football.  He was a fun center to watch and pretty damn impressive, could argue he should win the Rimington award this year.  Not sure he is a 1st round pick and with the Vikings not having a 2nd rounder is probably gone by their selection anyway.  

I can agree with that.  The ideal situation for me would be to trade down to the bottom of the first and pick up a 2nd round pick.  That way we could get a good guard and a good defensive tackle with those picks.  That would be a home run by Rick Spielman in my mind.  Then maybe pick up a safety or receiver in the third round.

• Like 1

I wouldnt be upset if we traded a couple firsts this offseason for our QBotF if they fall in love with one but im probably in the minority when it comes to that. I feel confident enough in Rick to hit on some players over the next 2 years in rounds 2 and later.

Also keeping on eye on Joe Brady as our coach of the future hopefully he doesnt get a job offer this year.

Edited by mattyice0401
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

I wouldnt be upset if we traded a couple firsts this offseason for our QBotF if they fall in love with one but im probably in the minority when it comes to that. I feel confident enough in Rick to hit on some players over the next 2 years in rounds 2 and later.

Also keeping on eye on Joe Brady as our coach of the future hopefully he doesnt get a job offer this year.

What do you think about Mike Zimmer's status?  Would you keep him around if they traded a couple of firsts?

On 12/16/2020 at 3:42 PM, swede700 said:

While Montgomery has certainly played better the last 3 weeks, it's no coincidence that it's been against 3 teams (GB, Det, Hou) with worse rush defenses than the Vikings do.  I don't see him being a significant factor.

You were right @SteelKing728...Montgomery shouldn't have been as much of a factor, but the run defense was hot garbage yesterday.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’d like to see what the Vikings YPC was on outside runs versus inside runs. Because it sure seemed like Kubiak was stubbornly calling runs up the middle that were simply not working, while most of the outside runs found success. 

I don't know...but maybe it's time to give Klint a couple of series at play-calling, he certainly couldn't be worse than his dad has been the last few weeks.

13 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Holmes probably shouldn't be on a roster. Jaleel Johnson never developed. Troy Dye is just too little. Jones is a PS player who is being forced to play.

Otherwise, the young guys are certainly growing. That's good for us in a below average season so far.

Holmes likely will be back at least for training camp...Johnson won't be returning.  But, I'm not sure why Dye is "too little", considering he's bigger than Wilson and Kendricks.