2018 NFL Draft Prospects - picks and draft board pg 1

WizardHawk

Just now, Calvert28 said:

I just want to make it clear I do not want a DT in the first round. 

I do not see the point, you pay high picks for guys who can collapse pockets. Not simply for a guy who can function as a run stuffer. I don't see the point in it especially when we have guys like Collins and Irving to work into the rotation. Only way I would want Vea  is if we trade down into the late 20s. Still weary of his size. 

If/when Marinelli is still around calling the shots, you'll get your wish.

I do see where he's coming from in that a guy who only plays ~50% of the snaps isn't worth a big investment, but I think this team missed Terrell McClain a lot this year- someone who can anchor against the run and push the pocket on passing downs- someone who can traverse more smoothly between the different DT positions.

I think Collins and Irving are a weird fit, and the former massively regressed this year while the latter missed 8 games. Beyond them, we have basically nothing.

1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

If/when Marinelli is still around calling the shots, you'll get your wish.

I do see where he's coming from in that a guy who only plays ~50% of the snaps isn't worth a big investment, but I think this team missed Terrell McClain a lot this year- someone who can anchor against the run and push the pocket on passing downs- someone who can traverse more smoothly between the different DT positions.

I think Collins and Irving are a weird fit, and the former massively regressed this year while the latter missed 8 games. Beyond them, we have basically nothing.

I couldn't justify spending a 1st round pick on a 1 tech however a 2nd or 3rd round pick on someone talented that could collapse the pocket is a lot better than the rookie free agents we have been placing there.

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

What is wrong with Phillips and Vea?

Also, am I crazy for not liking Payne?

Vea honestly reminds me of Terrence Cody from Bama. For all the good and bad. Maybe Vea has a better work ethic. But these hungry hippos I got over wanting the moment we changed from a 34. 

WRs I like:

Tier 1 Calvin Ridley 

(Fast, top grade talent, hindered by run first offense and spotty QB play)

Tier 2 Equanmious st james

(No QB, but did great with Deshone Kiser, 6'4" and fast)

Tier 3 Auden Tate

(6'5" 225 project with big play ability)

10 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

What is wrong with Phillips and Vea?

Also, am I crazy for not liking Payne?

Just don't see spending a 1st on a 1-tech when we have Irving and Collins there. Think getting a 3T in the mold of Suh, Atkins or McCoy would be a good thing for the defense. 

And yes.

6 hours ago, DaBoys said:

WRs I like:

Tier 1 Calvin Ridley 

(Fast, top grade talent, hindered by run first offense and spotty QB play)

Tier 2 Equanmious st james

(No QB, but did great with Deshone Kiser, 6'4" and fast)

Tier 3 Auden Tate

(6'5" 225 project with big play ability)

Take a look at Courtland Sutton and Anthony Miller.

12 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I have always loved DTs, BUT WR or most impactful Defender there is regardless of position.

As much as I want a WR, unless we move on from Dez or T-Will, drafting a WR is pointless. 

11 hours ago, 5x10 said:

Baker mayfield if we are lucky

LOL. Stop.

2 hours ago, CAPJ said:

As much as I want a WR, unless we move on from Dez or T-Will, drafting a WR is pointless. 

Well, that's the sticking point. Should moved on from TWill last year. Dez for whatever reason is completely off. So, yeah I think there is a significant need there. Dallas won't walk away from either this year most likely. Definitely not Dez...but next year?

Archived