2018 NFL Draft Prospects - picks and draft board pg 1

WizardHawk

4 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

He looks terrible. I always thought he was just good and his QB sucked. But his hands were suspect. He had significant trouble getting separation from Baker.

I felt like he was getting open, but a lot of those passes were inaccurate. There were a couple he should have hauled in though, I'll give you that.

39 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Tony Pauline reporting Clemson DE Ferrell expected to return to school. Teammates Wilkins and Bryant may as well.

Ferrell is a very young RS sophomore, so that doesn't necessarily surprise me. I'm a little surprised at Wilkins going back, but man, that defensive line will be even better than it was last year. If they all return, those three guys plus Dexter Lawrence could all be top 50 picks in 2019.

EDIT: Wilkins also graduated already and participated in senior night. I'd be pretty shocked if he stayed.

5 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Ferrell is a very young RS sophomore, so that doesn't necessarily surprise me. I'm a little surprised at Wilkins going back, but man, that defensive line will be even better than it was last year. If they all return, those three guys plus Dexter Lawrence could all be top 50 picks in 2019.

EDIT: Wilkins also graduated already and participated in senior night. I'd be pretty shocked if he stayed.

Yeah Wilkins has been billed as a top ten/fifteen guy so I'd be really surprised if he went back.

10 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Equanimeous St. Brown from ND anyone ? Touted as a precise route runner with great size 6-5 pounds. Sounds like someone we can pickup in the second round because he had a down year with horrible QB play.

Had him as my #2 WR at one point at the beginning of the year

30 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

So...what do you guys think of taking Hurst at 19?

I wouldn't mind it at all, I think he's a great player. I still think we'd need a true 1T and have Collins rotate as the base 3T with Hurst in this situation. I guess we could continue playing Collins at 1T, but it's wasting his abilities IMO.

39 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

So...what do you guys think of taking Hurst at 19?

Bring a Hurst to my house because I’ll probably kill myself... 19th in the 2nd round and I’d be able to deal with it, but not our 1st round pick. I’d almost rather take a shot on Goedert later on than spend a premium pick at TE. I know Witten is at the tail end of his career, but we’ve done it so many times and none of them panned out with us.

edit: just noticed you’re talking about the DT from Michigan, not the TE from South Carolina lol. I’ll be happy with almost any pick on the DL, Wilkins is my guy there tho.

25 minutes ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

Bring a Hurst to my house because I’ll probably kill myself... 19th in the 2nd round and I’d be able to deal with it, but not our 1st round pick. I’d almost rather take a shot on Goedert later on than spend a premium pick at TE. I know Witten is at the tail end of his career, but we’ve done it so many times and none of them panned out with us.

edit: just noticed you’re talking about the DT from Michigan, not the TE from South Carolina lol. I’ll be happy with almost any pick on the DL, Wilkins is my guy there tho.

Lol yeah no, I have Hurst (the TE) as a 4th rounder. 

27 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I wouldn't mind it at all, I think he's a great player. I still think we'd need a true 1T and have Collins rotate as the base 3T with Hurst in this situation. I guess we could continue playing Collins at 1T, but it's wasting his abilities IMO.

I'd try and find someone in FA (Star?) or draft Lowell Lotulelei say in the 5th? 

I think Hurst at 19 is way likelier than any 1-tech at that pick.

We might be able to force a nose tackle on Rod in free agency just to feel we've solidified the position, but we're not taking one in the first round as long as he's here. Whereas I think having someone to push Irving and Collins and potentially replace one/both of them down the line makes a decent amount of sense.

I have had second thoughts on who I would like to target @ the 19th spot Tremaine Edmunds (LB) Virginia Tech. 6-5" 236lbs. 4.7 speed this kid can play all 3 linebacker positions a very flexible player more than what Roquan Smith could give the Cowboys. Scouts say this kid has a vey high ceiling with his talent, if the Cowboy's are looking for a Roquan Smith type line backer than draft Shaquem Griffin on day 3 of the draft even though this kid is missing one hand this kid just makes play after play both Edmunds and Griffin have very high football IQ's. Lee is getting older, Hitchens, Durant and Wilber are all free agents this year lets start rebuilding the linebacker position like they did with the secondary last year.

9 minutes ago, cowboysdreamer said:

I have had second thoughts on who I would like to target @ the 19th spot Tremaine Edmunds (LB) Virginia Tech. 6-5" 236lbs. 4.7 speed this kid can play all 3 linebacker positions a very flexible player more than what Roquan Smith could give the Cowboys. Scouts say this kid has a vey high ceiling with his talent, if the Cowboy's are looking for a Roquan Smith type line backer than draft Shaquem Griffin on day 3 of the draft even though this kid is missing one hand this kid just makes play after play both Edmunds and Griffin have very high football IQ's. Lee is getting older, Hitchens, Durant and Wilber are all free agents this year lets start rebuilding the linebacker position like they did with the secondary last year.

I'm a fan of Edmunds, thing is he's listed at 250 most places I've seen. So wonder if the staff would still take him? 

Archived