Week 6: Packers (4-1) at VIKINGS (3-2)

swede700

4 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Trae did do fine. He's a great tackler, and played pretty well in coverage outside of that back shoulder throw to Jordy. That play bothered me not because they completed the pass, but because he didn't get his head around.  He's a solid number two.

The ball was there as soon as Jordy stopped. Don't matter who it is, they will struggle making that play.

One thing that will beat Trae is when his hips come into play but even with great hips it would be hard to stop and turn and defend that play.

3 hours ago, Klomp said:

I'm sorry, but a glancing tap of helmets doesn't merit an "above the neck" call to me. The brunt of the hit, the target of the hit (as the NFL put it) was below the neck.

I agree with you that it shouldn't be called that way, when most of the force went to the shoulder.  But, because The NFL is so determined to protect its players from head injuries, it couldn't put a rule in the rulebook defining where the cutoff point is between significant and insignificant force from helmet on helmet.  That line would always be a debatable judgement call. So, they just made the rule clear, by saying ANY helmet to above the neck draws a penalty.

6 minutes ago, Robb_K said:

I agree with you that it shouldn't be called that way, when most of the force went to the shoulder.  But, because The NFL is so determined to protect its players from head injuries, it couldn't put a rule in the rulebook defining where the cutoff point is between significant and insignificant force from helmet on helmet.  That line would always be a debatable judgement call. So, they just made the rule clear, by saying ANY helmet to above the neck draws a penalty.

he also left his feet. I still feel it was a good block, but that likely played into the call.

3 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

he also left his feet. I still feel it was a good block, but that likely played into the call.

The NFL has a problem with officials throwing flags on big hits when they are even within the rules. See a big hit, it must have been an illegal hit, so I’ll throw the flag. 

4 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

He’ll return to practice this week, but we likely won’t see him on the field until after the bye week. 

Well after the bye.

There's no reason to put him in as long as we're winning with Case. We should beat both Baltimore and Cleveland and go into the bye at 6-2...5-3 at worst. Unless we hit a big skid or Case starts to suck horribly, there's no reason Teddy should see the field outside of mop-up.

I'd be shocked if we see Teddy before week 13-14. In other words, Rodgers will probably be back before Tedward.

37 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I keep seeing things about the Jets patriots game. What happened with the officials there? 

With 8:31 to go in the fourth quarter, a seemingly routine 4-yard Austin Seferian-Jenkinstouchdown was reviewed and overturned, cementing a decision from the NFL's team of replay officials that will be discussed all week long. Jenkins, who appeared to momentarily bobble the football en route to the ground, was said to have fumbled the ball out of bounds in the end zone resulting in a touchback.

The masses did not seem to agree. CBS color analyst Dan Fouts called it "one of the strangest decisions on a call like that I've ever seen," while Fox analyst Mike Pereira, the league's former officiating head, said on Twitter there "does not seem like enough evidence to change the ruling." Seferian-Jenkins was in disbelief and ran toward the officiating crew after the call was made. A shot of him sitting perplexed on the sidelines was a mainstay throughout the remaining broadcast.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000861510/article/what-we-learned-from-sundays-week-6-games

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

With 8:31 to go in the fourth quarter, a seemingly routine 4-yard Austin Seferian-Jenkinstouchdown was reviewed and overturned, cementing a decision from the NFL's team of replay officials that will be discussed all week long. Jenkins, who appeared to momentarily bobble the football en route to the ground, was said to have fumbled the ball out of bounds in the end zone resulting in a touchback.

The masses did not seem to agree. CBS color analyst Dan Fouts called it "one of the strangest decisions on a call like that I've ever seen," while Fox analyst Mike Pereira, the league's former officiating head, said on Twitter there "does not seem like enough evidence to change the ruling." Seferian-Jenkins was in disbelief and ran toward the officiating crew after the call was made. A shot of him sitting perplexed on the sidelines was a mainstay throughout the remaining broadcast.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000861510/article/what-we-learned-from-sundays-week-6-games

I will say this, I don't like the overruling, but it makes sense why they made it if you're going by the letter of the law which they have to do.

2 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Well after the bye.

There's no reason to put him in as long as we're winning with Case. We should beat both Baltimore and Cleveland and go into the bye at 6-2...5-3 at worst. Unless we hit a big skid or Case starts to suck horribly, there's no reason Teddy should see the field outside of mop-up.

I'd be shocked if we see Teddy before week 13-14. In other words, Rodgers will probably be back before Tedward.

Don't get me wrong, Case has proven to be a great pickup for us and has performed better than what you would expect from a backup. I think he has earned the starting gig for now, but I don't think that necessarily should prevent us from using Teddy earlier than week 13/14. Teddy may very well be the future of this franchise at QB, and if he is healthy enough and ready to play, I think it has to be an even competition at that point to decide who goes out. The team has rallied behind Keenum, but they will probably do the same if not more for Teddy. Case also didn't come here expecting to be the starter, or at least I would doubt he did. If Teddy is good to go, which it sounds like he may be, then I think you go with Teddy. The first slip that Case has when Teddy is activated and everyone is going to be calling for him. I understand the logic of going with what's working, and who is the hot hand, but given the circumstances, TB might be just as good of an option if not better.

Archived