2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

Just now, oakdb36 said:

If you want to spend more on defense, you have to spend less on offense. Basic stuff. 

Yup. Relay that message to Gruden and Mayock. With as much draft capital and cap space as we've had the last 3 years there's absolutely no reason for us to have as many holes as we do. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So now we have to replace 3 starting OL and get better at all 3 levels on defense in year 4 of a major rebuild. 

I think it'll be 2 starting OL and if we are able to resign Richie and possibly good, it may only be 1. Getting better on defense won't be hard. It's hard to not go up from bottom 3.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Yup. Relay that message to Gruden and Mayock. With as much draft capital and cap space as we've had the last 3 years there's absolutely no reason for us to have as many holes as we do. 

I don't need to relay ****, that's what they're doing.

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Getting better on defense won't be hard. It's hard to not go up from bottom 3.

That's what we thought last offseason and somehow got worse after signing Nassib, Collins, Littleton, Kwit, Heath, and Randle in addition to drafting Arnette, Muse, and Robertson and also trading for McMillian. 

Edited by NYRaider

Also Clowney's name hasn't been brought up, but I'm definitely down to give him a modest deal/prove-it deal if the money is right. He's super disruptive when healthy and able to rush inside and outside. Obviously he will be a buy low because of recent production and the health, but we did the same thing with Nelly and the "buy low" guys have worked out better for us than some marquee big money signings.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Also Clowney's name hasn't been brought up, but I'm definitely down to give him a modest deal/prove-it deal if the money is right. He's super disruptive when healthy and able to rush inside and outside. Obviously he will be a buy low because of recent production and the health, but we did the same thing with Nelly and the "buy low" guys have worked out better for us than some marquee big money signings.

I read he’s likely going to sign another 1 year deal with Tennessee, FWIW. 

I fully expect them to go for the home run with the pass rusher. Barrett, Dupree or Yannick. Thought maybe a tier two pass rusher was more in play but that changed this morning. Think they go out and spend on a pass rusher and the defense and then go after one of the OTs at 17. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I fully expect them to go for the home run with the pass rusher. Barrett, Dupree or Yannick. Thought maybe a tier two pass rusher was more in play but that changed this morning. Think they go out and spend on a pass rusher and the defense and then go after one of the OTs at 17. 

I wouldn't be mad if we added any of those 3 but they all have some concerns. 

Dupree - Only 1.5 years of good production on a very good defense and is coming off of an ACL injury. 

Yannick - Good but not great production, has publicly fought with his GM, and 3 teams (Baltimore, Minnesota, Jacksonville) gave up on him in 2020. 

Barrett - One year of elite production and one year of good production on a very good defense but was just a role player prior to that. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm not against it if the moneys right. To meet him in Tak McKinley are in the same boat

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I wouldn't be mad if we added any of those 3 but they all have some concerns. 

Dupree - Only 1.5 years of good production on a very good defense and is coming off of an ACL injury. 

Yannick - Good but not great production, has publicly fought with his GM, and 3 teams (Baltimore, Minnesota, Jacksonville) gave up on him in 2020. 

Barrett - One year of elite production and one year of good production on a very good defense but was just a role player prior to that. 

i think id go Barrett. id say two years of elite production. 2019 and was decent 2020 regular season but was an animal in the playoffs. 

• Like 1