2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

we should hustle the Patriots and sign Marcus Cannon 5m to play RT, and sign Joe Thuney 6m to play RG.... traded would look like a crazy steal to use the cap space to sign two starters, and a pick.

if Thuney could be had for 6m he would not be a FA

Edited by Turnobili

2 minutes ago, Totty said:

We got enough to go get Kenny G or AROB? 

Can't build a defense?  Build an unstoppable offense. 

Since Gruden came back we've spent more than any team in the league in free agency on offensive players and spent less than any team in the league on defensive players in free agency. How has that worked out?

Just now, NYRaider said:

Since Gruden came back we've spent more than any team in the league in free agency on offensive players and spent less than any team in the league on defensive players in free agency. How has that worked out?

I'd be all for adding a 1WR.  The second part was sarcasm my man.  

9 minutes ago, Totty said:

We got enough to go get Kenny G or AROB? 

Can't build a defense?  Build an unstoppable offense. 

lol I do feel like this is Grudens plan.
the problem with this, is it means games will come down to shoot outs / who has ball last.

I dont trust Grudens time management for those type of games. 

Just now, BackinBlack said:

lol I do feel like this is Grudens plan.
the problem with this, is it means games will come down to shoot outs / who has ball last.

I dont trust Grudens time management for those type of games. 

To be clear... 

I would be on board to go after AROB or KG.  Or any true #1 WR that is available.  Right now we have Waller, Ruggs, Renfrow and Edwards... If you go get a big name that'll help round out that group.  

I think we can all agree though that D is where the attention should be focused.  WR, and D in any facet.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

These are those rose colored glasses I posted about earlier. 

1. There are no game changing talents in FA the Raiders need on every level of their defense.

2. They 'loaded up' last year and how'd that work out?

3. 'Winning' FA rarely results in a winning program

4. Team that load up in FA are usually awful (see Jaguars/Raiders) and remain awful (see Jaguars/Raiders)

There is no plan. It's playoffs or bust. When teams act in desperation it usually end poorly

Gruden and Mayock are rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic at this point. 

who have we cut that produced last year? Youre over reacting. Weve trimmed a ton of fat and have cap space to play with in an offseason where a bunch of FAs will be available for cheap. Id wait to see how it plays out before we but out the chicken little routine. 

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Are you sure about those facts?
We spent pretty good money on D last year, Id be surprised. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

They were 3 games away from the playoffs and needed a 2pt conversion against Denver to make get to 8-8. They are not close in talent to teams vying for wildcard spots (Colts, Ravens, Steelers, Dolphins, etc). 

Steelers are a fraud with an aging QB, and we were literally 19 seconds away from beating the Dolphins, the Colts are a contender (HUGE) IF Carson Wentz can regain form. Ravens are the Ravens but Lamar's been figured out a bit. We arent as far off as youre making it seem.