Should We Resign Trubisky?

Bowler1215

37 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

You can't start Mitch either though. We've seen that movie before. 

Yep. A good change of scenery with a vet HC behind a vet QB may be good for him. He as low-end starter/high-end backup potential and that's valuable in this league.

In this style of offense you can. We saw it in 2018 and again now.

You cannot in the Nagy vanity project.

8 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

What is the alternative?

Exactly, what better option is available? Foles sucks and Mitch is clearly the better option. Even if they draft a QB do we really want to throw him into the mix? Free agents, trades? I was not for it before but I am now - one more year for everyone, then reassess. 

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

In this style of offense you can. We saw it in 2018 and again now.

You cannot in the Nagy vanity project.

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

What is the alternative?

Sign a QB in RD 1 or 2 and wait until FA opens up in the irregular offseason when teams start shuffling their rosters and pick one while the rookie sits and learns.

Or sign a QB in RD 1 or 2 and ride with Foles without taking the hit (which would dumb to do just to save a measely 3.7M plus 6m cash) while the rookie learns.

Either way. Mitch is all but gone. I don't see any way that both (Mitch/FO) can work this out. Especially if Mitch keeps playing well. He knows that he will still have to fight for his job next year in this system so why do that when you can count on your agent to find you a job in another environment with a better chance at being a starter and for possibly more money than the FO would be willing to offer here?

• Like 1

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

Sign a QB in RD 1 or 2 and wait until FA opens up in the irregular offseason when teams start shuffling their rosters and pick one while the rookie sits and learns.

Or sign a QB in RD 1 or 2 and ride with Foles without taking the hit (which would dumb to do just to save a measely 3.7M plus 6m cash) while the rookie learns.

Either way. Mitch is all but gone. I don't see any way that both (Mitch/FO) can work this out. Especially if Mitch keeps playing well. He knows that he will still have to fight for his job next year in this system so why do that when you can count on your agent to find you a job in another environment with a better chance at being a starter and for possibly more money than the FO would be willing to offer here?

Neither of those plans keep people from getting fired.

The free agents are bad. Like really bad.

The Bears will be picking 18-22 and have very little guarantee that any QB worth anything will be there.

Nagy and Pace will be desperate. They aren’t going to risk their jobs on whether they can draft a 2nd round QB who can start week 1. That is illogical.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Neither of those plans keep people from getting fired.

The free agents are bad. Like really bad.

We don't know yet who will be available in FA. 

The Bears will be picking 18-22 and have very little guarantee that any QB worth anything will be there.

This doesn't matter.

Nagy and Pace will be desperate. They aren’t going to risk their jobs on whether they can draft a 2nd round QB who can start week 1. That is illogical.

I didn't say start week 1. I said sit and learn. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Except where would Mitch have a starting job available to him?

5 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

We don't know yet who will be available in FA. 

This doesn't matter.

I didn't say start week 1. I said sit and learn. 

Behind who?

Last time they were looking for a veteran QB they spent a 4th round pick and 21 million guaranteed on an incompetent statue who is worse than Mitch.

The time before that they gave 18 million to a giraffe who couldn’t make it 5 games as a starter.

Good QBs dont get to free agency. Losers like Nick Foles and Mike Glennon do.

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Behind who?

Last time they were looking for a veteran QB they spent a 4th round pick and 21 million guaranteed on an incompetent statue who is worse than Mitch.

The time before that they gave 18 million to a giraffe who couldn’t make it 5 games as a starter.

Good QBs dont get to free agency. Losers like Nick Foles and Mike Glennon do.

Brady and Rivers say hi. 

Look we don't know what the staff is going to look next year so let's wait until we get to that bridge. Even if we make the playoffs, I'm not so sure there still wouldn't be changes made. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/quarterback/

The list of free agent QBs is bad.

They aren’t signing or trading for anyone who can run Nagy’s ridiculous system.

They need to keep this basic system and re-sign Mitch, while still drafting someone, or they need to tank and start Foles.

That's BEFORE teams have to adjust to the irregular offseason due to COVID......this is what I mean when I said we don't know who will be available. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX