Week 7 | Other Games Thread

IDOG_det

GOTW  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which should be the Game Of The Week?

• #24 Texas Tech @ West Virginia
    • #12 Oklahoma @ Texas

7 minutes ago, PAW said:

Because it was one game (the odds of anyone going undefeated regardless of how good you are are very low).  This is the same team that dominated Auburn, Louisville, and VT.  And the same team that before this game, everyone was saying there was Alabama and Clemson and then everyone else based on this year. 

It won't surprise me if we lose again because I have always thought Tony Elliot is awful and that was highlighted tonight and Dabo prefers rotating players in every game instead of developing a killer instinct.  But we don't just suck because we laid an egg tonight.  Just like we didn't suck last year when we should've lost to NC State, played Troy close, lost to Pitt, etc.

If Bryant is out a while and Dabo sticks with Cooper, we will definitely lose again.  Even with how bad we played today, I think we win if Hunter Johnson played the second half.

I appreciate the optimism. Maybe Clemson does win out. The remaining schedule shouldn't be too tough for a team that talented.

I don't think the comparison with last year makes as strong of an argument as you might think. DeShaun Watson isn't on this roster.

So, I get that a streaker means that the clock stops, but stopping the clock when Cal was short of the first on a 4th down with 4 seconds left and no TO? I mean, idk, I feel there should have been a 10 second runoff or something.  Like, a streaker just gave Cal, who had no timeouts, a chance for what was basically a TO to call an important play.  And they basically got a TD out of it.  Which could determine the game.

29 minutes ago, PacAttack04 said:

So, I get that a streaker means that the clock stops, but stopping the clock when Cal was short of the first on a 4th down with 4 seconds left and no TO? I mean, idk, I feel there should have been a 10 second runoff or something.  Like, a streaker just gave Cal, who had no timeouts, a chance for what was basically a TO to call an important play.  And they basically got a TD out of it.  Which could determine the game.

How would that even be remotely fair to Cal to just end the half because a fan ran onto the field? (also they got the 1st)

Archived