Week 7 | Other Games Thread

IDOG_det

GOTW  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which should be the Game Of The Week?

• #24 Texas Tech @ West Virginia
    • #12 Oklahoma @ Texas

2 minutes ago, PAW said:

It's a good thing the entire season is taken into account then. 

A 12-1 Clemson team is a lock for the playoffs. 

I'd say that would still have a chance but it'll be hard an definitely not a lock.

Not unreasonable at all to see an undefeated big 10 winner and an undefeated pac 12. Then I thnk there is a really good chance that if both Alabama and Georgia enter the SEC title game undefeated they both make unless it's a blow out.

TCU can still go undefeated as well and there can be a lot of really good 1 loss teams that Clemson is piled with and they'll have maybe the worst loss and weakest schedule.

Just now, PAW said:

Obviously they need help as of today. But it's pretty silly to think there are going to be several undefeated teams entering the playoffs. Georgia won't make the playoff if they lose to Alabama. 

Georgia absolutely will if both teams are undefeated. 

Especially if it comes down to Georgia and Clemson. 

At that point, it would be Georgia with the one loss being to Alabama. 

And Clemson with one loss being to Syracuse.

Clemson over Georgia at that point would be a joke.

3 minutes ago, PAW said:

It's a good thing the entire season is taken into account then. 

A 12-1 Clemson team is a lock for the playoffs. 

Exactly.  I mean, Auburn is one of the top teams in the country and Clemson beat them.  Louisvilles schedule isn't that great the rest of the way and with Lamar Jackson, they'll get ranked higher simply because of them if they finish with 9 or 10 wins.  Virginia Tech is ranked.  N.C. State is ranked.  

Clemson actually has had one of the hardest schedules to start the season.  Two of their out of conference games are against Power 5 teams, which that alone makes their out of conference schedule much better than most Power 5 schools.

1 minute ago, RollEagles said:

There's plenty of teams who haven't lost one game. 

And there's plenty of one loss teams who haven't lost to a 3-3 Syracuse teams with losses to LSU, Middle Tennessee State, and NC State.

Not saying they should be above undefeated. But saying they have a worse resume than the the other 1 loss teams is a stupid claim. They have the best wins of any 1 loss team. 

I'm not really worried. We sucked tonight. Coaching was awful. But if we win out we will be in the playoffs just like Pitt last year when everyone thought that loss would end Clemson's season. If we lose again we don't deserve to make it and won't. 

Just now, PacAttack04 said:

Exactly.  I mean, Auburn is one of the top teams in the country and Clemson beat them.  Louisvilles schedule isn't that great the rest of the way and with Lamar Jackson, they'll get ranked higher simply because of them if they finish with 9 or 10 wins.  Virginia Tech is ranked.  N.C. State is ranked.  

Clemson actually has had one of the hardest schedules to start the season.  Two of their out of conference games are against Power 5 teams, which that alone makes their out of conference schedule much better than most Power 5 schools.

Clemson's remaining schedule has no more difficult opponents.

Other teams will have a chance to catch up on difficulty of schedule by the end of the year.

1 minute ago, PAW said:

Not saying they should be above undefeated. But saying they have a worse resume than the the other 1 loss teams is a stupid claim. They have the best wins of any 1 loss team. 

I'm not really worried. We sucked tonight. Coaching was awful. But if we win out we will be in the playoffs just like Pitt last year when everyone thought that loss would end Clemson's season. If we lose again we don't deserve to make it and won't. 

I'm just saying that it's not a lock. 

I think assuming just winning out gets Clemson in is silly. 

That won't be enough. They need help. A lot of help.

3 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

Georgia absolutely will if both teams are undefeated. 

Especially if it comes down to Georgia and Clemson. 

At that point, it would be Georgia with the one loss being to Alabama. 

And Clemson with one loss being to Syracuse.

Clemson over Georgia at that point would be a joke.

There is no chance the loser of the SEC Championship game makes the playoff unless 2 power 5 conference champs have 2 losses.  That's the only way (assuming both undefeated) and they would deserve it in that case.  Georgia will have one good win all year if they lose to Alabama which would be Auburn.  

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:
8 minutes ago, PAW said:

Still mad over the beat down we gave you last year? What other 1 loss team has beaten teams the quality of Auburn and VT? Surely not Ohio State. 

c'mon, you just lost to Syracuse...

I can't blame PAW after Nate took a shot saying "no more riding Watson's coattails" and "back to the 2nd tier" about Clemson.

5 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

This is a catastrophic loss for Clemson. 

Syracuse is 3-3. 

If you lose to a 3-3 team, you aren't a top 4 team in the country. Not this year and not at this point in the season. 

To be fair... Syracuse had the toughest schedule in college football entering the year.

But if i was Clemson im concerned with run defense. Our running game sucks. Our QB is always our best run offense. We havent been able to run on a D2 squad but we were able to run on freaking clemson

Archived