Week 16 Games

Leader

Just now, CWood21 said:

So that's 7 guys drafted since 2001 excluding Tua, 8 if you include him.  By my count, there's been 249 drafted since the 2001 draft.  Of those 249, only 7 of them were left-handed. That's less than 3% of the total number of QBs drafted.  If there's ~10% of the population is left-handed, this is an under-representation of the population.  And given that franchise QBs as a whole are rare to begin with, you using an astronomically small sample size to justify an argument is mind-boggling.  Tua being left-handed as opposed to right-handed has no bearing on his ability to throw the ball.

There’s less of them yes. That doesn’t change the fact that the last 8 of them have all sucked. Vick would be the same story if he wasn’t a generational runner. The last good one was Mark Brunnell and even he had some very poor years. 

11 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I’m not trying to make this an entirely black and white issue at all. Is absense of evidence evidence of absence? This is kind of the conversation we’re having here. 

As far as leftie prospects 

1.Vick

2. Matt Leinart

3.Tim Tebow

4. Chris Simms

5.Kellen Moore

6. Pat White

7.Tyler Palko

Those are the guys currently under 50, and I’d consider that list pretty damning

Damning of what, exactly?  Your ability to explain why it's a bad idea to select a lefty QB?

12 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

There’s less of them yes. That doesn’t change the fact that the last 8 of them have all sucked. Vick would be the same story if he wasn’t a generational runner. The last good one was Mark Brunnell and even he had some very poor years. 

So because the last 5 QBs drafted from LSU weren't any good, Joe Burrow wasn't any good?  There's no bearing on being an LSU QB that affected Burrow's ability to play in the NFL.

Just now, CWood21 said:

So because the last 5 QBs drafted from LSU weren't any good, Joe Burrow wasn't any good?  There's no bearing on being an LSU QB that affected Burrow's ability to play in the NFL.

I don’t see how sharing a university compares to a distinct physical trait all of these guys share but fair enough. 

2 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I don’t see how sharing a university compares to a distinct physical trait all of these guys share but fair enough. 

They're literally the EXACT same thing.  The only thing different between left-handed and right-handed QBs is the way the ball spins when the ball is thrown.  I don't recall which WR it was (maybe have been Jerry Rice) that mentioned that the only thing different going from Joe Montana to Steve Young was the way the ball spun.

How does everyone feel about short quarterbacks? Surely height shouldn’t effect the way a guy throws the ball. This doesn’t change the fact that for every Russell Wilson there’s about 10 other short guys who never make a roster much less succeed at the pro level. This is kind of the same way I feel about lefties. It shouldn’t be something you only look at while evaluating a prospect, but it has to be something you at least acknowledge in your assessment of a player. 

8 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Jimmy Graham just owned Josh Jones there 

I'm mildly impressed that Josh Jones is not only still in the league, but is seeing the field.  Even if he is not a great player, something at some level must have clicked for him to start taking the game more seriously.  He was going nowhere fast with the attitude he had while in GB.

• Like 1