Jump to content

Why Sam is not the problem.... RELAX


Recommended Posts

First off let me say after the Jets win I felt demoralized and was in complete shock. I was like everyone and put all my eggs in the Lawrence basket. But guys it’s not the end of the world and I truly believe the Jets will be fine. I still believe in Sam he just got the raw end of the deal with bad coaching and lack of talent around him. 
 

Besides ownership, coaching is the number 1 problem. Gase is horrible and so is the rest of the coaching staff. Bring in the right guy and it’s going to help out Sam tremendously. Just look at Baker in Cleveland everybody was ready or on the verge of wanting to move on from him but it seems when they got in the right guy it did him good. 
 

Also the Jets need more offensive talent. It’s hard for a person to have success with little talent. Keep building the O Line and keep bringing in weapons for Sam and he will get better. And guys the kid is only 23 he’s still a puppy who needs the right coach and more weapons. 
 

I’ll be happy with Lawrence if we can grab him but I still think we have our guy with Sam. Just build around him properly and find the right coach. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Darnold is bad bro we have to accept it, he’s fundamentally inconsistent, yes to play hero ball too often and has injury problems. I agree that our HC and Former GM did him no favors but a lot of it still falls on him. It’s time to move on and reset the process

Link to post
Share on other sites

This was his chance to have a big year. It was the critical make or break year. Unfortunate through coaching and injuries he’s certainly not had the cards in his favour but he’s really regressed plain and simple. 
 

Look at Allen in Buffalo. Complete opposite. He’s had better coaching and better weapons and he’s become one of the most explosive qbs in the league. Unfortunately (as usual) we end up a day late and a dollar short.

Losing out on Lawerence will singly handily be the worst moment Iv had watching the Jets. And that’s saying something!! Still got to pray to the football gods we somehow get that #1st pick and Jacksonville win another game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, xenajets said:

This was his chance to have a big year. It was the critical make or break year. Unfortunate through coaching and injuries he’s certainly not had the cards in his favour but he’s really regressed plain and simple. 
 

Look at Allen in Buffalo. Complete opposite. He’s had better coaching and better weapons and he’s become one of the most explosive qbs in the league. Unfortunately (as usual) we end up a day late and a dollar short.

Losing out on Lawerence will singly handily be the worst moment Iv had watching the Jets. And that’s saying something!! Still got to pray to the football gods we somehow get that #1st pick and Jacksonville win another game. 

I still think the Jags win against the Bears and have a shot at the Colts. Rivers can throw 3 or 4 picks in one game with no problems. The one thing the NFL loves to do is get the drama going to keep the interest. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We can't keep excusing Sam for looking like a bad QB for 3/4 of the season and then assume he will be good because he played well in the final 1/4.  Have we not learned from last year?  With that said, I would still not reach on a QB at #2 if JD does not like who is available.  If we truly lose out on Lawrence, draft a QB (preferably not at #2), keep Sam and start Sam until the rookie is ready to play.  If Sam magically looks good with a new coaching staff and better players surrounding him, it will provide JD with some "good" tough decisions to make at the end of next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I still think the Jags win against the Bears and have a shot at the Colts. Rivers can throw 3 or 4 picks in one game with no problems. The one thing the NFL loves to do is get the drama going to keep the interest. 

That’s the hope. They’ve been so close to winning games over the last five weeks. Could easily of added a win or two. Then again so have we so it’s just the luck of the draw. At least Minshew will play and hopefully try and save his job. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xrade said:

We can't keep excusing Sam for looking like a bad QB for 3/4 of the season and then assume he will be good because he played well in the final 1/4.  Have we not learned from last year?  With that said, I would still not reach on a QB at #2 if JD does not like who is available.  If we truly lose out on Lawrence, draft a QB (preferably not at #2), keep Sam and start Sam until the rookie is ready to play.  If Sam magically looks good with a new coaching staff and better players surrounding him, it will provide JD with some "good" tough decisions to make at the end of next year.

Can draft a guy in the 1st round and keep Sam. Would be another wasted season. Trade Sam no matter what. He’s not going to turn into our franchise qb. Best thing for everyone is a fresh start. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Can draft a guy in the 1st round and keep Sam. Would be another wasted season. Trade Sam no matter what. He’s not going to turn into our franchise qb. Best thing for everyone is a fresh start. 

I do not think keeping Sam and having the rookie sit is a bad idea.  Unless that rookie is Lawrence.  I just do not think the other QB's are day one ready.  What is the harm in keeping Sam for the start of next year?  Worst case is he still sucks and we trade him before the deadline.  Best case is he balls out and becomes the QB we all hoped he would be.  I know people would argue that we wasted a first on a QB, but that scenario worked well for NO/SD.  It would be the safest course of action and in the end we still have a QB whether it be Sam or the Rook.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Man this is getting worse than the Geno Smith defenders or the Sanchez defenders lol. It isnt there yet...but its on its way. 

2020 has been a horrible year for everybody, the virus the Jets, people losing their jobs, but you always bring a smile to my face with your post.

But you are right i know this was going to happen, after we lost TL, and it is going to go on for four more months till the draft

Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to think this. But watching him this season has changed my thoughts on him.

 

That being said... I think if we trade him. If he gets out in the right situation... he can be a teams QB. He won’t ever be great. But he can be good if he is protected, has weapons and the right coaches.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If he is not the problem, he certainly is not the solution.

 

But, because Jets will always Jet, he will probably be given another chance because, well hey, he beat LA!

Sigh. I guess I'll just go back to listening to Buddy Guy, B.B. King and Stevie Ray Vaughan after feeling like The Pointer Sisters for most of this season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have two problems. He's one of them. I can see him going to Pitt, 49ers, or Buccs this offseason if we decide to take a QB with our first pick and rebounding his career. You don't take a QB that had the challenges Sam had during his rookie season and place him under a coach like Gase while he develops. Terrible idea, but Sam can't even take advantage of the opportunities when they do appear.

This QB class has so much potential that Lawrence is praised and there are 4 other QB draft prospects rated higher than him PFF wise. 2 of them are in the highest rated QBs since 2014. It's not all about PFF, they are performing. There is no way I can justify skipping QBs this year to sign a struggling vet to compete with struggling Sam. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...