Week 6 - Rams at Jaguars

RamRod

1 hour ago, El ramster said:

Dude the Jags have a super tough D!

i think Goff did well.. Great team win took all phases to win the game.. Gzzzz with the 56 yarder makes it look easy man.. Love it.. was so hard to watch early makes the blood boil.. But the d stood strong.. Cardiac Rams baby.. love them and hate them. 

I am still waiting for the D to really show up. But this team is a ton of fun to watch.

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Well, it wasn't pretty, but we got the W this week. I knew it would be tough sledding for the passing O. I was disappointed McVay didn't stick with the run game more, but we did enough to get the W.

To those of you who were happy that Fournette got hurt, come on. The Jaguars don't deserve that. Not cool, dudes, not cool.

Thank you. Rams deserved this win. 

2 hours ago, Non-Issue said:

I am still waiting for the D to really show up. But this team is a ton of fun to watch.

I really do wonder if Lamarcus being out has cause so much confusion and strain.. is he that missing key? One would think he is. 

Grinded through with a win on the road. This was a big win for us after our narrow loss to Seattle last week.

Offense didn't look great for the second week in a row, but they didn't look terrible. Other than the Woods fumble, we avoided offensive turnovers against a great pass defense. Goff didn't light up the stat sheet and missed on a few throws but kept the game in our hands and didn't make too many mistakes. Jacksonville has a great secondary matched with a scary pass rush, so with all things considered, we can't be too upset with the offense.

The defense is still showing flashes of what it can be, but is also very frustrating to watch. Seems like they get gashed early on and then settle down as the game progresses. While it's nice to see them when they get it together, we can't afford to keep having these sloppy starts. As improved as the offense has been this year, they are not going to be able to carry us week in and week out. Right now, I think our defense would greatly benefit from three things:

1) the return of Joyner. Only a matter of time.

2) a stouter presence at ILB. With us just extending Tree, it's hard to imagine them retaining Barron after this season.

3) better pressure from out edge rushers. Quinn just has not been getting it done.

Shout out to the special teams for this game--with the exception of yet another two muffed punts. If Cooper hadn't had that great kick return, he'd be in the dog house big time. I'm at the point now where I don't even want someone capable of returning; just someone who can fair catch the ball so that I don't have to hold my breath for every return.

13 hours ago, S-jax39 said:

Wtf is wrong with you?

oh, common! lol....You're trying to tell me that NOBODY in the NFC North (especially in Detroit) is excited AF now that Aarod is out for perhaps most of the entire regular season? I'm a huge Rodgers fan.......he'll be okay! There is life after football, ya know! ;)

We also need better depth this off season.. Get Donald some real help.. Because we only have 2 good Dline men in Brockers and Donald..

Which just shows you how great Donald is.. Longacre, Fox, Tanziel, Quinn and Barwin are not starters in this defense....

Maybe Tanziel as he gets better.. But we are really talented deprived at what it is to be our best positions. 

48 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Jamon did work.. We should have ran the ball much more.. Mcbabe needs to focus on that..

Also, the whole Sammy and Goff thing worries me. Hopefully they're spending time after practice.

I think they're going about it wrong. Get some chemistry going with th short and mid range stuff. Stop force feeding deep balls. He can make plays after the catch no need to have most all of the passes to Sammy be deep.

Archived