If Matthew Stafford Was Traded, Who Would Be Likely Trading Partners

Just Want A Title

52 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I don't trust Sileo at all. He throws a bunch of stuff out there just hoping something sticks. 

I agree with Sllim, I like the top 3 guys at QB this year, but I wouldn't move up for them or reach for someone like Trask/Lance. I'd much rather draft BPA at #7 + whatever pick we get from a Stafford trade and then possibly look at someone like Mac Jones in the 2nd/3rd as a flier or let Chase Daniel start for a year and go after QB next year. Look at how not hitting on those guys have set back franchises like Chicago and Philly.

I have not heard of this Sileo guy. Either way, how would he know what Stafford's preferred destinations are? Silly

As for the Qbs this year, I have really been warming up to Lance, a lot. Not sure I am ready to pull the trigger at 7, but if we obtain a pick for Stafford in the teens and he falls, I would be very inclined.

5 minutes ago, BarryTheBest said:

I have not heard of this Sileo guy. Either way, how would he know what Stafford's preferred destinations are? Silly

As for the Qbs this year, I have really been warming up to Lance, a lot. Not sure I am ready to pull the trigger at 7, but if we obtain a pick for Stafford in the teens and he falls, I would be very inclined.

I have the QBs rated in tiers

#1 Overall

1. Trevor Lawrence

Guys worth a top 10 pick but not multiple assets to move up

2. Zach Wilson

3. Justin Fields

Fringe 1st round guys, quality picks 2nd round and later

4. Kyle Trask

5. Trey Lance

6. Mac Jones

7. Everyone else

I'm all for drafting BPA, especially with two guys in Dorsey/Holmes who are known to acquire talent. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I have the QBs rated in tiers

#1 Overall

1. Trevor Lawrence

Guys worth a top 10 pick but not multiple assets to move up

2. Zach Wilson

3. Justin Fields

Fringe 1st round guys, quality picks 2nd round and later

4. Kyle Trask

5. Trey Lance

6. Mac Jones

7. Everyone else

I'm all for drafting BPA, especially with two guys in Dorsey/Holmes who are known to acquire talent. 

Cannot really disagree with your assessment, I just have been watching Lance's tape and reviewing the scouting reports. Jeremiah has a high grade on him and I do respect his evaluations. 

4 minutes ago, BarryTheBest said:

Cannot really disagree with your assessment, I just have been watching Lance's tape and reviewing the scouting reports. Jeremiah has a high grade on him and I do respect his evaluations. 

I like Lance as well.  He definitely needs to sit a year though.  He only has like 300 pass attempts.  That does concern me.

1 hour ago, Lions017 said:

I think I might actually have Lance over Fields. 

I really like his tools and I'm worried about Fields and his decision making. 

I feel like with the right system and development Lance can be really special. 

People must be down on Fields because of Haskins or something and not trusting Ohio St QBs.  He completed 70% of his passes and had a 22 to 6 TD/Int ratio this year, 67 to 9 over his career.  7 of those INTs came in three games of which he still won 2 of them and the one he lost was against was against Clemson, which he redeemed himself this year.  He has a great arm to get it down field accurately and just makes plays.  He did it consistently against top competition.  So much hate for a guy who lost 2 games in his career and was the best player on his team.  No way I am taking the guy who had a rough outing in one game this year and then quit to not further ruin his draft status.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

Why am I scared of any of these qbs in the draft(minus Lawrence) 

Because its always scary drafting QBs.  We see Darnold, Goff, Bortles, Rosen, Haskins, Manziel, etc etc etc and not as many Josh Allens.  Its hard to find a good QB, but this is a good year to need/want one IMO. 

14 minutes ago, HashtagFTW said:

Same. I don’t wanna pick the wrong guy and be stuck like Chicago, NYJ, etc.

Thats why if you make the wrong move, don't force it and move on like the Cards did with Rosen and Skins with Haskins.  Also I feel like Darnold isn't that bad, he just has had crap around him.  That team is as much of a dumpster fire as ours is.  And Trubisky hasn't been awful, he just isn't Mahomes or Watson which is why people love to trash him.  He could be one worth kicking the tires on tbh. 

7 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Thats why if you make the wrong move, don't force it and move on like the Cards did with Rosen and Skins with Haskins.  Also I feel like Darnold isn't that bad, he just has had crap around him.  That team is as much of a dumpster fire as ours is.  And Trubisky hasn't been awful, he just isn't Mahomes or Watson which is why people love to trash him.  He could be one worth kicking the tires on tbh. 

Then I would rather kick the tires on Darnold, Haskins, Bridgewater, etc. I don’t want to spend a #7 on the most important position with one of the lowest success rates. Not right now at least. 

15 minutes ago, HashtagFTW said:

Then I would rather kick the tires on Darnold, Haskins, Bridgewater, etc. I don’t want to spend a #7 on the most important position with one of the lowest success rates. Not right now at least. 

I would if the top 3 are there.  I wouldn't trade up for anyone other than Lawrence but I also understand we are not a QB away and it would make sense to build a solid foundation but if you have a chance at a QB you really like, take him. 

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Because its always scary drafting QBs.  We see Darnold, Goff, Bortles, Rosen, Haskins, Manziel, etc etc etc and not as many Josh Allens.  Its hard to find a good QB, but this is a good year to need/want one IMO. 

It really is, I remember scouts were saying for 2 years Rosen was the-best qb prospect blah blah.

43 minutes ago, HashtagFTW said:

I honestly wouldn’t mind kicking the tire on minshew or Jimmy g once they becomes available..

I know I don’t want cam Newton, trubisky, Haskins, fields or lance.(that’s just off my top of my head