Pick one, runningbacks.

Kiwibrown

Which one would you want on your team?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you want on your team?

• Ezekiel Elliot
    • Leonard Fournette
    • Todd gurley
    • Christian Mccaffery
    • Jordan howard
    • David johnson
    • Kareem Hunt
    • other
    • homer pick; not above.

Fournette has looked good, but he's got about the same YPC as Chris Ivory, who's a terrible back. I think you have to go with Hunt at this point. He's been the best RB in the NFL as a rookie, don't care what round he was drafted in.

5 hours ago, JonStark said:

Gotta go with David Johnson. All around freak athlete, hard working, and is the best pass catching of the bunch. Curious why Bell isn't listed though as he's about the same age as DJ.

oversight , I thought he was a year older than DJ, who was the cusp of the age I wanted in the poll.

to be fair to myself Bell has played a couple more years than DJ. 

18 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

oversight , I thought he was a year older than DJ, who was the cusp of the age I wanted in the poll.

to be fair to myself Bell has played a couple more years than DJ. 

Yeah I figured you limited it at a certain draft class and DJ was a little old for a rookie. 

Wow! So how did Bell go from being one of the top 2-3 backs the past few years to not even mentioned as one of the top 7, especially considering he's still only 25? 

First, Ben is 'Done' in another thread after one bad week, and one 'meh' one...NO ONE was thinking it 3 weeks ago (Then he goes on to have a ho-hum 10.1 YPA and 97.4 Passer Rating, and NOW, I open this thread, and because Bell, who sat out all of Training Camp and Preseason, has a couple of 'meh' games of his own, all of a sudden isn't one of the top RBs anymore? He's only ran for 370yds, 3TDs, on 4.5 YPC, and added another 100 yds receiving the last 3 weeks, to put him at 3rd in total rushing, now that he's knocked the rust off a bit.

It just amazes me how quickly a player is 'downgraded' on this forum.

I just had, about 5-6 weeks ago, a 'back and forth' with a Falcons fan, Jarren, after this little nugget in the Falcons' 4 vs Steelers' 4:

"Julio > Brown (I'm not sure why people think AB is better. Julio is firmly the #1 WR imo)"

Which I thought was a pretty bold statement...and as I stated in that thread, not because I think the opposite is true, but because I don't believe ANY WR has that distinction, and even if one was, he certainly wouldn't be FIRMLY...

...but I digress...my point is, Julio is having a very -meh- start to his season this year. He's ranked, in WRs (not counting RBs or TEs): 

T-18th (at best)  in Rec/Gm

12th in Yds/Gm

15th in Yds (Due to Bye Week, otherwise, would be at least, 12th, of course)

T-76th in TDs (with "0")

Anyway, point is, Julio is still Julio, and  top 5 WR in this league, despite his slow start to the season. Would he be left off  thread like this, but for WRs??  Just curious, because Le'Veon was a 2nd Team AP All-Pro last Season, and an All-Star, yet (when this thread was made) 5 games into the season, and he's already being discounted as, at BEST, the 8th best RB in the NFL?

Yeah, I'm being a total homer here, but I also feel this is a valid point. Howard?  Elliott?  McCaffrey?  Even worse...David Johnson?? At least Le'Veon has played this year...AND had more than one stellar season in his career.

On 10/13/2017 at 2:45 AM, Nzd07 said:

Fournette has looked good, but he's got about the same YPC as Chris Ivory, who's a terrible back. I think you have to go with Hunt at this point. He's been the best RB in the NFL as a rookie, don't care what round he was drafted in.

What in the world?

Fournette has 90 more carries than Ivory......

I know you posted that on Friday but LF is at 4.6 YPC now and Ivory is at 4.1

Fournette has seen 8 + men in the box on HALF of his 130 carries. Yea, he is good.

I really want to be a homer and pick Gurley, but man, Leonard Fournette looks like something special. I might have to be a homer and narrowly pick Gurley because of how good he is in the passing game, but if Fournette shows he's got ability there, it might sway me to his side. The thing I love about Todd this year is that he's showing a lot more lateral agility than people believed he had.

I love me some Kareem Hunt. He's close here too, but I can't quite take him.

Archived