2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

So, unless I have forgotten someone, the only potential "bridge" quarterback we could sign now to play this season while we take things slowly with the "new guy" is Alex Smith. I like Alex Smith, and I would definitely sign him, but if not him then we are definitely going with one of Darnold, Wilson, Fields, Watson, R. Wilson, M. Jones or Lance.

This is a bit scary now. We could always trade for a Bridgewater or Mariota I suppose, but our options are now pretty much there in front of us.

I like the two extreme options right now: sign Alex Smith, trade down from No. 2, draft a QB at some point to be our QB of the future and load up on talent via the draft, 

OR

Go for Watson and hit the grand salami.

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Texans signing Tyrod means Watson is getting traded. 

Taylor knows that Culley offense, McCown knows Darnold. 

They literally could do a lot worse than Taylor/Darnold after a Watson deal is made.

I could see them holding an empty bag if they don't cave. I really don't think Watson is ever playing another snap for that franchise.

2 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Taylor knows that Culley offense, McCown knows Darnold. 

They literally could do a lot worse than Taylor/Darnold after a Watson deal is made.

I could see them holding an empty bag if they don't cave. I really don't think Watson is ever playing another snap for that franchise.

Culley and Taylor were in together for one season. lol.   Still Taylor is no slouch for fill in role.