2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

3 minutes ago, xrade said:

Damn two seconds too slow. 

Personally, I don’t care where he goes. I would love him here for a reasonable cost but I am beyond thinking it will happen. Let’s just draft a QB and groom him. 

One problem is that we are still thinking about qb. 

6 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

Per what? Another random rumor?

Deshaun hasn't said anything publicly and so many people have decided to say where he wants to play. You can try to figure out who's right if you want or just assume it's all bs.

Feb 12 article.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/deshaun-watson-trade-rumors-texans-qb-reportedly-intrigued-by-broncos-49ers-as-next-destination/

Edited by JetsandI

I know I've read it.

I've also read the one about how he likes the Jets and Dolphins.

I've also read the one about how he'll go anywhere.

I've also read the one about how it doesn't matter where he wants to go, the Texans would only trade him to the Jets because of the #2 overall.

Until the guy says something public or a move actually happens I wouldn't take any of this as fact. The article is admitting it's just a rumor. Nobody knows.

12 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

I know I've read it.

I've also read the one about how he likes the Jets and Dolphins.

I've also read the one about how he'll go anywhere.

I've also read the one about how it doesn't matter where he wants to go, the Texans would only trade him to the Jets because of the #2 overall.

Until the guy says something public or a move actually happens I wouldn't take any of this as fact. The article is admitting it's just a rumor. Nobody knows.

Watson being not moved makes media and fans crazy.

42 minutes ago, xrade said:

FWIW, Rotoworld is saying Watson wants 49’s or Broncos. Jets and Miami not so much. Of course it all means nothing until Houston puts him in the block.

Benjamin Allbright, Denver reporter, said those rumors were false, along with the rumored Patrick/Darnold swap.

https://overthecap.com/free-agent-success-rates-2017-to-2020/

I saw this on OTC. It is an article of spending in FA and success rate of those FA’s as determined by said FA making it to the end of the contract. The graph is interesting because there is a little bit of a correlation to FA success rate and winning. In short, teams who spent a lot in FA and had those FA not make it to the end of the contract are not successful teams. Yes, the Jets are in that category. Successful teams spent less and got a better return on who the spent on.

What it all means is that spending wildly in FA is bad. It is better to spend less and make sure you get the right player for your team. It also shows that Philly and Balt. were not as active as a lot of teams in getting high priced FA. Expect the Jets under JD to not win the FA signing SB. He will target a big name only if it makes sense to do so like Lawson or Davis. Do not expect much more. Successful teams teams do not need FA to maintain their success.

5 minutes ago, xrade said:

https://overthecap.com/free-agent-success-rates-2017-to-2020/

I saw this on OTC. It is an article of spending in FA and success rate of those FA’s as determined by said FA making it to the end of the contract. The graph is interesting because there is a little bit of a correlation to FA success rate and winning. In short, teams who spent a lot in FA and had those FA not make it to the end of the contract are not successful teams. Yes, the Jets are in that category. Successful teams spent less and got a better return on who the spent on.

What it all means is that spending wildly in FA is bad. It is better to spend less and make sure you get the right player for your team. It also shows that Philly and Balt. were not as active as a lot of teams in getting high priced FA. Expect the Jets under JD to not win the FA signing SB. He will target a big name only if it makes sense to do so like Lawson or Davis. Do not expect much more. Successful teams teams do not need FA to maintain their success.

What I like is that he went after 2 guys who are younger. That can be answers for us at 2 big positions we needed help at. Not 30+ year old band aids for a year or 2.

7 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Watson will accept a trade pretty much anywhere if he truly wants out. I still don’t think we get him Bc JD values picks... but I do think he gets traded for a package we all think we should’ve given up

Not me no way I give up three first round picks plus. We still need a offensive guard and a first tiler running back. It was bad enough that Darnold had to play his first three years without a running game & weak WR.s  no TE and a lousy coach. And lets not forget the horrible O line he had his first two years.