2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

Just now, xenajets said:

Man that’s cheap. Surprised we didn’t reunite him with RS. 

That alone speaks volumes. If your former coordinator did not push at a position if need with a reasonable deal, it makes you wonder. 

When Douglas passed on Linsley, perhaps (just maybe) he figured there were not going to be any other centers on the market that would be worth moving McGovern to guard. Then boom, Hudson is released...and then again boom, Andrews is allowed to test the market. Now, maybe he is revisiting the idea?

I mean, it would seem REALLY dumb to me if we passed on centers just because we don't want to move a center to guard. That move happens all the bloody time in football. I don't see why it would be a big issue. If the guards pool is thin, go for a center.

Also, like most of you I too am pleased with how free agency is going so far. Love the arrivals of C. Davis and Lawson. J. Davis and Hardee will help, too. Solid moves, no doubt. But we need more. Here are players I want, keeping in mind the report that Douglas is not going for big splashy moves...

RB - Damien Williams 

For me, he checks all the boxes...Super Bowl winner, former starter, can be used in a variety of roles and doesn't necessarily need the rock.

C - David Andrews or Rodney Hudson, moving Connor McGovern to left guard

RG - Trai Turner

These two would solidify the line beautifully. We would also get some leadership if it was Andrews coming aboard. After these two moves, we could release Alex Lewis and Greg Van Roten without hesitation.

TE - Jordan Reed or Delanie Walker

The idea of trading for Ertz is nice, but perhaps unnecessary? Reed knows the system, while Walker might have some juice left after taking last season off. I still believe in Herndon and Wesco, so I am only looking to add to the tight end depth chart. We could also draft a tight end on Day 3 to complete the picture.

QB - Alex Smith

With every day that passes, I change my mind about the QB situation. One day I want to go all in on Watson, one day I want us to trade down and get a guy like Fields or Lance, one day I want Russell Wilson, one day I want Joe Namath's hologram to take over the position, etc. etc. If we need a bridge QB, Smith is perfect for us. I think he has many options, like backing up Lawrence in Jacksonville, or Garoppolo in SF, or being a bridge with us or Denver. There could be other options as well. I don't like the other potential bridge QB options if we don't land Smith.

DE - Carlos Dunlap

I think he could be a nice situational passer for us. Olivier Vernon is another name for that role. This player should not be too expensive, since he will be used mostly on third down plays (the way the Niners use Dee Ford, when he is healthy).

LB - Kwon Alexander or De'Vondre Campbell

Both of these guys would be great as do-everything linebackers for us. Alexander knows the system, but Campbell is a great talent too. Maybe too pricey?

CB - Richard Sherman, K'Waun Williams

These two would be great for us, I am really hoping we can land both. We may need a third corner as well, or just give the young guys we have more opportunities. Landing Sherman is huge, imo.

SS - Keanu Neal or Jaquiski Tartt

Both guys fit the system so I hope we can get one of them. Neal is probably the first target because he fits the age of the players we want. However, if he is too pricey, go for Tartt. 

I also really like Will Fuller as a speed guy for the offense, but I wonder if Smith, Smith and Doctson can provide enough depth for Davis, Mims and Crowder? 

For me, Ashtyn Davis or Marcus Maye, as well as Mosley, could be added to any Sam Darnold trade in order to try to move up in Round 1. 

If we could somehow get Sewell, Fields/Lance and Etienne with our first three picks (by maneuvering using the No. 2, Darnold, Maye, Mosley et al), I think that would be the best possibly outcome.

I guess that is what I am hoping for most now. Trading down is the first domino (along with a Darnold trade).

9 minutes ago, xrade said:

That alone speaks volumes. If your former coordinator did not push at a position if need with a reasonable deal, it makes you wonder. 

Yeah he had a good year though and has great size on the outside. Just surprised we weren’t interested because at that price for a starting cb it’s dirt cheap. 

13 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I’d like for us to Nab a RB and an OG at some point today pls

At this point I just want to draft these positions unless we are actually going to bring Hudson in

Personally, I want to close on Curtis Samuel and K'Wuan Williams A$AP

Just now, Bianconero said:

At this point I just want to draft these positions unless we are actually going to bring Hudson in

Personally, I want to close on Curtis Samuel and K'Wuan Williams A$AP

Have we heard anymore decent rumours? Wish we had a track on which reporters are clues up also as it’s much more difficult getting any leaks since JD took over. 

9 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Apparently CHI offered 3 firsts, 2 starting players, and a 3rd for Wilson and were turned down 

If true I would pass on this. Now you add that sexual lawsuit to the mix. The price is dropping fast. This is just like I said. The longer the Texans hold on the less they will get for him until NEXT offseason. If he sits out this year now you have a 26 year old QB that sat out a year. I'm so glad we have a team that is run worse than the Jets. JD gave his offer and knows the clock is ticking. 

Just now, jetfuel34 said:

If true I would pass on this. Now you add that sexual lawsuit to the mix. The price is dropping fast. This is just like I said. The longer the Texans hold on the less they will get for him until NEXT offseason. If he sits out this year now you have a 26 year old QB that sat out a year. I'm so glad we have a team that is run worse than the Jets. JD gave his offer and knows the clock is ticking. 

That was chicago's offer for russel wilson not watson. 

1 minute ago, jetfuel34 said:

Do we know this to be true? I don’t even think we’ve put forward an offer as I think we’d of heard it by now.