2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

6 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

That is most idiotic thing to do.   Primary 2 WRs and 1 TE set for LaFleur and there is no reason to flood those.

WR- Mims

WR- Davis

TE- Herndon or ?

Thats it.

So you must've loved rolling out Berrios and the Smith twins last year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

But he won't settle down with 3rd primary target in offense.   Jets better not forget about Mims or do Davis a dirty job like blocking most of time.

3 good WRs is a must nowadays. I’d still want us to draft a WR in the mid rounds (assuming signing Juju causes us to trade/cut Crowder). Injuries can happen. We can’t be putting out practice squad players any more.

Just now, SDotNova said:

3 good WRs is a must nowadays. I’d still want us to draft a WR in the mid rounds (assuming signing Juju causes us to trade/cut Crowder). Injuries can happen. We can’t be putting out practice squad players any more.

When it comes to money.  2 WRs are enough.  Use draft to bolster depth at that position. no question.

19 minutes ago, xrade said:

I was specifically referring to spending too much in FA. That approach does not work. You seem to be a little restless regarding this FA. All I am saying is we have done well so far and not to expect anything huge to happen for the rest of FA.

It will all depend on JD’s drafting skills of which we only have one year to evaluate. If after the 2022 season we are still crap, then yes, it may be time to move on. I just don’t believe that will happen. Hell, even if we did nothing this offseason, I think the new coaching staff alone is good for another 3 or 4 wins.

Since I assume I have been a Jets fan a little longer than you, I don’t want sweetness I want a ******* SB win and long term success. I am also a Yankee fan. That is what I want. Talk of playoffs and SB every year. I was just out of diapers when they won one. I am getting to an age where I may be in them again soon enough. Ugh. Where’s the Metamucil?  

Yeah but I’m not saying let’s go out and spend money on has been or blowing all the budget. Spending money wisely is not spending money for the sake of it. There are calculations and instances where spending money works out for you. This is what I’m stressing in my posts to you....it doesn’t have to be an extreme spending spree. But just get better and add talent. The laughter around here with people saying they don’t want JuJu like we’ve got some all star studs as weapons is beyond perplexing. We’ve had probably the worst offensive skill position groups in the league since B-Marsh and Decker. 

We’ve spend money and not got back a great return that’s true. But we’ve also used all our picks and had no return also. So shall we just not draft players too?! Like again there is a happy medium here. Not an extreme either way. 

If you think we’d have 6 wins with the same talent then I think that’s massively optimistic. I think we’d be what we were last year. A poor offensive team and a okay defense with no pass rush or top level corners. 

But bro we’ve said this for years. Continued success...building for the future...I hate to say it but we’ve become accustomed to losing and almost accept it. Nothing wrong with building through the draft but armed with a boatload of cash we can improve this roster more. That’s all I’m saying. 

Crowder is not a long term solution,  While I like Davis he is a bit of mystery after having his best year as the 3 option in an offense, Mims is still a mystery. To say it's idiotic is completely ignorant to what happened to the position last year.

Even if it is the system make players work for their spot and put the best product on the field.  

1 minute ago, Sapo28 said:

Crowder is not a long term solution,  While I like Davis he is a bit of mystery after having his best year as the 3 option in an offense, Mims is still a mystery. To say it's idiotic is completely ignorant to what happened to the position last year.

Even if it is the system make players work for their spot and put the best product on the field.  

One of the worst offensive teams in recent history. We have no proven receivers other than funnily enough Crowder. If we did sign JuJu then having him plus Mims, Davis and Crowder would be really good. Some depth for once. Not an injury way from getting Chris Hogan starting. 

1 minute ago, Sapo28 said:

Mims and Davis should be penciled in as starting WRs.  That means LaFleur develops the plan to make it work favorably to them.   Jets don't invite them to compete for starting jobs to see whoever fits LaFleur's plan.

If WR depth is a concern, draft one or two.

7 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

When it comes to money.  2 WRs are enough.  Use draft to bolster depth at that position. no question.

But that’s what we’d be doing. Pay Davis and Juju. Mims is on his rookie deal. The two Smiths are on cheap contracts.

It puts Mims in the back seat. We all think he’s going to be great. But this would allow him to be the 3rd option. That’s not a bad thing. 

• Like 2