2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

lol... JuJu isn't coming.  

#1 JD doesn't overcrowd position.

#2 LaFleur system tends to spread all the over as Davis and Mims will be top 2 WR targets. That is plenty for that system.

> LaFleur system tends to spread "all the over"

> Mentions top 2 targets is plenty for system

• Like 1

If we sign Ju Ju why would we have to cut Crowder. We have the money and it is only for 1 year for Crowder. Do you guys remember how bad our WR core was and all the injuries we had. You can take our best WR last year (Crowder) and bump him to 4. That is just a MASSIVE over hall in the WR departmnet. Then you add that Ju Ju played with Sam at USC so they have some connection there and now how to read each other. The you add that Ju Ju has stated that Sam is a very good QB and will be very good in the NFL. This is a guy you want to Perriman who puts his QB down. Remember too this is a MASSIVE buyers market for WR. These guys ae not getting what they thought they where. 

1 minute ago, xenajets said:

You said about giving this regime a chance. We’ve said the same thing each time. As a fan I’m giving it time but if I don’t see improvements I can voice my concern. 

Well it’s a double edged sword. Yes times have been terrible but it will be all the sweeter when we do in fact win something. That has to count for something right!!? 🥴

I was specifically referring to spending too much in FA. That approach does not work. You seem to be a little restless regarding this FA. All I am saying is we have done well so far and not to expect anything huge to happen for the rest of FA.

It will all depend on JD’s drafting skills of which we only have one year to evaluate. If after the 2022 season we are still crap, then yes, it may be time to move on. I just don’t believe that will happen. Hell, even if we did nothing this offseason, I think the new coaching staff alone is good for another 3 or 4 wins.

Since I assume I have been a Jets fan a little longer than you, I don’t want sweetness I want a ******* SB win and long term success. I am also a Yankee fan. That is what I want. Talk of playoffs and SB every year. I was just out of diapers when they won one. I am getting to an age where I may be in them again soon enough. Ugh. Where’s the Metamucil?  

I think we need to flood the position. Create competition and remove doubt over Darnold not having enough weapons. 

We play in a division with amazing depth at the corner position and will often lose our 1st or 2nd option in coverage. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sapo28 said:

I think we need to flood the position. Create competition and remove doubt over Darnold not having enough weapons. 

We play in a division with amazing depth at the corner position and will often lose our 1st or 2nd option in coverage. 

That is most idiotic thing to do.   Primary 2 WRs and 1 TE set for LaFleur and there is no reason to flood those.

WR- Mims

WR- Davis

TE- Herndon or ?

Thats it.

1 minute ago, Sandwhich2 said:

Juju is an okay signing. Won't exactly jump up and down but he's still young and has potential. If the money is right I'm fine with it.

Also very fine with not signing him.

But he won't settle down with 3rd primary target in offense.   Jets better not forget about Mims or do Davis a dirty job like blocking most of time.

12 minutes ago, NewAge said:

Didn’t realize he predominantly played out of the slot. 

Yup. His success has mostly come out of the slot. When he played more at the boundary in 2019, he didn’t have as much success. Could have been the QB issue though.