2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

If we can just get a decent CB in here I’ll call this FA a success on paper. As long as the offensive line is heavily addressed in the draft

Yeah I'm trying to look at the available CBs to see who's left we can target. I don't think we sign Sherman but it's always possible.

I think we need to sign 2. Either K'waun Williams or Poole for slot and then an outside guy.

1 minute ago, Sandwhich2 said:

Yeah I'm trying to look at the available CBs to see who's left we can target. I don't think we sign Sherman but it's always possible.

I think we need to sign 2. Either K'waun Williams or Poole for slot and then an outside guy.

Adoree Jackson is the best younger cornerback on the market. Best older Vet probably Sherman. Then prime would be Fuller. 

Edited by xenajets

Davis, Davis and Lawson alone make this FA class successful if they pan out. The depth we added is solid as well. Cole, Joyner will have roles. Hopefully Feeney doesn't have to play and Hardee helps special teams which helps the whole team. The Smith boys are good backend depth/ST as well. 

Interior OL, Cornerback, Tight End and Quarterback still need to be addressed. 

• Like 1

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

Davis, Davis and Lawson alone make this FA class successful if they pan out. The depth we added is solid as well. Cole, Joyner will have roles. Hopefully Feeney doesn't have to play and Hardee helps special teams which helps the whole team. The Smith boys are good backend depth/ST as well. 

Interior OL, Cornerback, Tight End and Quarterback still need to be addressed. 

Sounds like a law firm. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

For sure. But beating Lawrence in a BIG game has my attention, that's for sure.

What has Zach Wilson done to earn a higher draft slot?

I like Fields but the Clemson game was a dominant effort by OSU’s OL and their front 7 on D. Statistically Fields had a great game. But those are the types of games that gets a QB over drafted. I prefer to see games when he faces a tough D and his receivers are not wide open. I prefer to judge a QB on how he handles tough situations like he will face in the NFL. It is one of the reasons QB’s from top schools many times don’t pan out. They are surrounded by top OL, WR and RB.

Wilson did not have the luxury of great players around him. He had to make gold out of lead. Yes it helps when you face less than stellar D, but just watching some of his throws in tight windows was pretty damn good. It is the system that makes the top school QB’s look good so that to evaluate their true talent is difficult.  Same can be said for bama CB’s. Great coaching in a great system.

• Like 2