2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Relax.... One post suffices enough.

I was trying to edit and I guess I quoted lol. I have no idea how to delete the duplicate or even edit to remove the quote and write duplicate post. I still don't know how to use this new FF forum.

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We have money those other teams didn't. Say they baited Pittsburgh into thinking we offered 13M for 1 year, maybe they up their offer from 8 to 10.5M, thats a win for JuJu. 

Yeah obviously, that much I understand. My point is we didn't even make an offer and another agent had no problem using us as bait. That doesn't happen to respected teams like the Chiefs and Ravens when they are the ones actually in the thick of it. That's why you didn't even hear about either of them being involved before he went back to PIT. 

Thank you gentlemen for the feedback on DB assignments. Clears things up a bit.

I will state as I have in the past, that I prefer CB’s who can play man. I don’t like zone coverage for a CB because they can get burned too easily on short or comeback routes. Watching our CB’s last year was tough with all the zone coverage. Against young QB’s it works well because it is confusing, but experienced QB’s that can dissect the coverage it becomes a **** show.

9 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

I was trying to edit and I guess I quoted lol. I have no idea how to delete the duplicate or even edit to remove the quote and write duplicate post. I still don't know how to use this new FF forum.

We can't delete post.   To delete quote, place under quote and then press backspace key.

5 minutes ago, xrade said:

I will state as I have in the past, that I prefer CB’s who can play man. I don’t like zone coverage for a CB because they can get burned too easily on short or comeback routes. Watching our CB’s last year was tough with all the zone coverage. Against young QB’s it works well because it is confusing, but experienced QB’s that can dissect the coverage it becomes a **** show.

I like man coverage too.  Enjoy watching CB sticky all the way. 

15 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Yeah obviously, that much I understand. My point is we didn't even make an offer and another agent had no problem using us as bait. That doesn't happen to respected teams like the Chiefs and Ravens when they are the ones actually in the thick of it. That's why you didn't even hear about either of them being involved before he went back to PIT. 

Because the goal was to get more money, there was no way they could make an offer beyond what they did. We could have. I understand your point but thats the game they play. It's the same as negotiating with a division rival but in this case money was the motivator. 

32 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

Yeah I'm trying to look at the available CBs to see who's left we can target. I don't think we sign Sherman but it's always possible.

I think we need to sign 2. Either K'waun Williams or Poole for slot and then an outside guy.

For the amount of money we had to spend, the only reason i give it a C+ is because we got Corey Davis, Carl Lawson is a good player but is not as good as Leo Williams. If the Giants end up with Kenny Golladay, then i would call this FA period a major disappointment. We failed to get O line help, failed to get a RB NO real help at CB. I am sure most of us though we would do better than we did. But it just could be that players don't want any part our current roster and QB issue. Lets hope the draft goes much better than the FA period did.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, xrade said:

It depends on how aggressive the Corners can be within the structure of the defense. Look at Buffalo's Quarters coverage, the DBs can play physical and aggressive underneath because of the help over the top and inside of them. That's why two-high coverages have become a bit more popular. 

So many teams have employed the Seattle 3 defense its easier to beat now. This year alone almost a third of the teams in the league will be running some variation of it.

3 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

For the amount of money we had to spend, the only reason i give it a C+ is because we got Corey Davis, Carl Lawson is a good player but is not as good as Leo Williams. If the Giants end up with Kenny Golladay, then i would call this FA period a major disappointment. We failed to get O line help, failed to get a RB NO real help at CB. I am sure most of us though we would do better than we did. But it just could be that players don't want any part our current roster and QB issue. Lets hope the draft goes much better than the FA period did.

Thuney is still the only miss in my eyes. Davis and Lawson were honestly my 2 favorite free agents after Thuney, and I had Keelan Cole on my targets list for depth. Golladay I didn't think was a great fit for the Jets, and Juju became kinda unnecessary after the Davis signing.

So, guess I'm lucky in that regard that they targeted the players I wanted. 

Just now, Sandwhich2 said:

Thuney is still the only miss in my eyes. Davis and Lawson were honestly my 2 favorite free agents after Thuney, and I had Keelan Cole on my targets list for depth. Golladay I didn't think was a great fit for the Jets, and Juju became kinda unnecessary after the Davis signing.

Maybe we did and some player just don't want to come here, we knew we were going have a problem.

3 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

Can’t be mad with missing out on Thuney at that price and going to KC. Would of loved him here but can’t blame him for going KC. 

Davis and Lawson are two young ascending  players who I like a lot. Both have been slightly overpaid but really doesn’t matter when you think of the money we have. 

It does feel very underwhelming this free agency but I think I got ahead of myself and in truth became upset that we didn’t do enough.