2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

4 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

If there was one position on each side of the ball you would be okay with going into next season with besides DT and OT which two would you choose? Assuming we bring back key free agents.

OT and DT for me as well. After those two I’d probably go TE and S.

Edited by SDotNova

I just read on Rotoworld that Orlando Brown of the Ravens does not want to mive back to RT when Ronnie Staley returns. It may be nothing right now but this is one of the reasons having two LT’s with one playing RT. This would be one of my concerns with selecting Sewell at #2. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, xrade said:

I just read on Rotoworld that Orlando Brown of the Ravens does not want to mive back to RT when Ronnie Staley returns. It may be nothing right now but this is one of the reasons having two LT’s with one playing RT. This would be one of my concerns with selecting Sewell at #2. 

exactly.  when contract time comes up, both of them would want LT money.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paul-mac said:

Would you guys accept Von Miller for Darnold straight up? Or are you keeping Darnold? 

Probably No. And here's why... Miller will be 32 this next season. After missing the whole 2020 season AND not looking exactly like he's normal self in 2019 either. Darnold is 23 and might be a franchise QB if put in a good situation like your team is on offense. We'd be having to eat that contract as well this year for Miller. You guys can just cut him I believe bc his guaranteed money is over. So I don't see how we win in this. Darnold I believe will fetch a 2nd rounder. And for me Miller at this stage of his career and the money he is due this year isn't worth a 2nd rounder. So it's a no for me. This team is trying to get younger, not older. If you guys threw in a good pick for taking on his contract... then maybe it could be discussed. 

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Probably No. And here's why... Miller will be 32 this next season. After missing the whole 2020 season AND not looking exactly like he's normal self in 2019 either. Darnold is 23 and might be a franchise QB if put in a good situation like your team is on offense. We'd be having to eat that contract as well this year for Miller. You guys can just cut him I believe bc his guaranteed money is over. So I don't see how we win in this. Darnold I believe will fetch a 2nd rounder. And for me Miller at this stage of his career and the money he is due this year isn't worth a 2nd rounder. So it's a no for me. This team is trying to get younger, not older. If you guys threw in a good pick for taking on his contract... then maybe it could be discussed. 

Miller and a third for Darnold? And maybe a conditional third next year that could become a second?

34 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Isn’t Vin Miller a Free agent? Throw in he’s being investigated by police for something and the fact he’s 32 and coming off an injury? No thanks. I’d as for Tim Patrick and a 3rd

He’s under contract as the Broncos have a team option for $18m. There is talk that we might cut him. 

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

I’d do Miller and #71 with a conditional 2022 pick if Darnold resigns etc. 

That’s what I’m thinking. I want Darnold without giving up #40.