2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I want nothing to do with Wentz. Not even if they gave us a 1st.

Which I think it’s hilarious the value PHI thinks he’s worth. 

Chi is desperate being in win now mode with no QB.  It the exact situation I don't want to be in if we stack the roster and Sam bombs.  It's my main concern should we stick with Sam.  I don't want to be desperate for a QB it never ends well.

1 hour ago, ACO said:

Yeah Darnold is likely gone...

I would see what all I can get from him. If they can score a 1st than that would be amazing. Plenty of capital to use for this offseason whether they trade or draft for a QB1.

QB is the most complicated position in NFL.   All talks just in case if they do something with qb. lol.

Edited by JetsandI

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I want nothing to do with Wentz. Not even if they gave us a 1st.

Which I think it’s hilarious the value PHI thinks he’s worth. 

I agree. But is it worth it for the Jets to “buy” a FRP for $25M?  Personally, I think it is ludicrous. But, man, having 3 FRP in 2022 is enticing. We could use that extra FRP to trade fo Watson.

I am not sure what the cap implications are for Wentz beyond this year if he is traded. Maybe someone smarter than I can decipher it. King and I are you up for the challenge? But if we have to keep Wentz for more than one year, the offer would have to be raised significantly.

48 minutes ago, xrade said:

I agree. But is it worth it for the Jets to “buy” a FRP for $25M?  Personally, I think it is ludicrous. But, man, having 3 FRP in 2022 is enticing. We could use that extra FRP to trade fo Watson.

I am not sure what the cap implications are for Wentz beyond this year if he is traded. Maybe someone smarter than I can decipher it. King and I are you up for the challenge? But if we have to keep Wentz for more than one year, the offer would have to be raised significantly.

Jets should after these pro days and all have a good idea as to what they will do. They should know already if you ask me.

Whatever the choose though... I’d like for it to be done before FA begins. I think we have to have a clear plan to seek FAs or to offer traded to. I don’t think we can sell FAs too much without knowing what we have at QB and such.

Sounds like Sam is pretty much gone now. I'm wondering if Watson trade is pretty much done and the Jets are trying to move Sam now instead of holding on to him and when the Watson trade is offical it might drop Sam value. I think we get a late first or a pair of second round picks for him which pretty much wipes out the trade we moved up to get him. 

53 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Golladay apparently turned down a big deal from Detroit. So he’s probably getting tagged

It would be tough for Det. Even with the cap adjusted up to $180.5M on OTC, Det. is still only $6M under. The new FT number for WR is $15M.  I am sure there is some dead weight to cut, but they would still need enough for draft class, and operating expenses. If you consider the Goff and Stafford as cancelling each other, Det would need to free up almost $20M to tag Golladay. 

8 hours ago, ACO said:

Yeah Darnold is likely gone...

I would see what all I can get from him. If they can score a 1st than that would be amazing. Plenty of capital to use for this offseason whether they trade or draft for a QB1.

Darnold's value has gone up considerably since the end of the season. Teams like Wash, SF, Indy, and Chicago all need qbs and all have the talent to win now. At their picks, the top QBs are gone. Therefore, the question is are Wentz or Darnold better than any QB I can draft without giving up the farm?

Wentz has a 30 mil plus cap girl for 2021. So he is virtually untradable. Very few teams could fit that into their caps and it's a large reason philly is in the situation they are in

Darnold, on the other hand, has a much more team friendly contract and is younger. Wentz has a better history of success but Darnold is still a baby for the nfl, basically as old a most rookies. 

I think we ultimately draft a QB at #2. However, I think that is contingent on a team giving the jets a 1st for Darnold. Anything less and i think Darnold stays a Jet and we trade down. 

• Like 1