2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I’d be happy if we could land Davis and Samuel. And yes in that situation we could think about cutting Crowder. I’d try and trade him Bc we could get something for him. But it would take 2 good WRs in FA and one that is great in the slot like Samuel to move on from Crowder. I guess for me... I just don’t see us signing 2 big guys at WR in FA. I’d love it if we did. I just don’t foresee it happening. 

Ideally Samuel's contract would be mostly offset by Crowder so in that sense I could see it.  I don't see us signing two and keeping Crowder.  You're right JD would probably not sink that kind of cap into the WR position.

My guess is we sign one and draft one in the top 3 rounds.

3 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Ideally Samuel's contract would be mostly offset by Crowder so in that sense I could see it.  I don't see us signing two and keeping Crowder.  You're right JD would probably not sink that kind of cap into the WR position.

I agree. 

I do like Fuller's skill set. I just hate that he's always injured. It's just a more productive Perriman IMO.

I think we need some stability at WR for a young QB (whoever that may be).

I'd rather see us spend the extra money on a top tier guy like AR15, Godwin, Golladay, JuJu, Davis (to name a few).

Solidify that #1 WR spot, allow Mims to develop as the #2 and still have Crowder for the slot. Now you have a good starting 3 WRs. Add depth in the draft in the early/mid rounds. 

The 2 spots I think we know JD values (OL, Edge). I expect us to spend big on in FA. Try and get 1 highly talented IOL.

And I expect us to be very active at Edge as well.

I think these are his top 2 priorities with WR right there with them.

After that I expect him to go more scheme fitting guys for Saleh on defense and LaFleur on offense. I think we have to get a FA at RB. We cant go into the draft with Perine and Ty IMO. I don't expect us to spend big there. But still get a guy that is more proven. And there's several guys that fit that for us.

Same at CB and possibly even S.

I have no idea why everyone is so big on Samuel. He is nothing more than a trick play type guy like C. Patterson. He can do a lot of things but nothing great. I would rather have Crowder than Samuel. I still think we have to come away with either D. Smith or Chase in this draft. I don't care who is throwing the ball I'm tired of having junk for WR and other teams leftovers that are WR 3 and 4 and we think they can be a 1 or 2. 

15 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Bring back Perriman, sign Will Fuller, draft Kadarius Toney(34) and Kenneth Gainwell(66)

WR- Fuller, Crowder, Mims, Perriman, Toney, Berrios

TE- Herndon, Griffin, Wesco

RB- Gainwell, Johnson, Perine, Adams

Perriman sucks and didn't like Sam. Fuller is an upgrade but another guy who can't stay healthy.  This WR FA class is tough, I don't like the trajectory of JuJus career and his TikTok BS.  Golladay, Fuller, Perriman always hurt.  AR is the best and pairing him with Mims and Toney would be amazing.

15 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Perriman sucks and didn't like Sam. Fuller is an upgrade but another guy who can't stay healthy.  This WR FA class is tough, I don't like the trajectory of JuJus career and his TikTok BS.  Golladay, Fuller, Perriman always hurt.  AR is the best and pairing him with Mims and Toney would be amazing.

I'm good with brining Perriman back on a cheap deal but hopefully he's WR 5 next year not WR 2.  If we grabbed say Davis who I like with Mims and Crowder and then added a guy maybe at 34 or with the pick we get for Sam I'd be good with that.  The rookie wouldn't be forced to start and could sneak in when someone needs a breath and now Perriman is WR 5 for depth.

20 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Would love to grab Linsley but still think we need Elf.  Can't see us getting Linsley and Thuney and WRs.

Cutting Crowder would be a bad move.  Dude has been the only bright spot on offense the past few years and is a good guy.  

Elf is not a starter.  He was cut for a reason.  We need a young OG plus a FA signing.  He is decent depth though because he is versatile so I'd keep him or GVR.

5 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Our problem is we will probably use our #2 pick on a QB either on Watson, or draft a QB, and by the time we pick at 23 all the top WR will be long gone. The top WR usually go between 10 &17, but I am not saying you  can't get one with a later pick but the Odds are against you, I would be great if there some way we could move 10 spots in the first round. I see Bud Dupree is a FA he is a guy who can get to the QB and would be a veal good pickup. 

6 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Elf is not a starter.  He was cut for a reason.  We need a young OG plus a FA signing.  He is decent depth though because he is versatile so I'd keep him or GVR.

Elf is a great back up that can play 3 spots on the OL. I want to keep him because he is cheap and can fill in at the RG LG and C spots. 

1 minute ago, doumeyer said:

Our problem is we will probably use our #2 pick on a QB either on Watson, or draft a QB, and by the time we pick at 23 all the top WR will be long gone. The top WR usually go between 10 &17, but I am not saying you  can't get one with a later pick but the Odds are against you, I would be great if there some way we could move 10 spots in the first round. I see Bud Dupree is a FA he is a guy who can get to the QB and would be a real good pickup. 

25 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I'm good with brining Perriman back on a cheap deal

I originally wanted him back as a number 4 but after that interview in which he bad mouthed Sam, I want nothing to do with him. His talent (or lack thereof) can’t overcome his stupidity. He may be correct in what he said, but you never **** on a teammate. JD will not resign him. 

8 minutes ago, xrade said:

I originally wanted him back as a number 4 but after that interview in which he bad mouthed Sam, I want nothing to do with him. His talent (or lack thereof) can’t overcome his stupidity. He may be correct in what he said, but you never **** on a teammate. JD will not resign him. 

Didn't see the quote.  Heard him and Mims had some questionable things to say about Sam but didn't see the exact quote.

16 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Didn't see the quote.  Heard him and Mims had some questionable things to say about Sam but didn't see the exact quote.

I read it different than others/ They both said they like Sam and think he has loads of talent. But then were very non committable to him after that.

The media of course left out the part where they talked highly of him at 1st.