2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

When Gase and JD sat down together they were thinking about trading Maye if a deal was right. During the training camp, they changed their mind about Maye.  That was way before the Jamal Adams soap opera.   Maye has chance to stay with Jets if contract is sound off by JD.

16 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

My current top 2 FA at every position

QB- Dak Prescott, Ryan Fitzpatrick

RB- Kenyan Drake, Tevin Coleman

WR- Allen Robinson, JuJu Smith-Schuster

TE- Hunter Henry, Robert Tunyan

OT- Trent Williams, Russell Okung

OG- Joe Thuney, Brandon Scherff

C- David Andrews, Matt Skura

EDGE- Trey Hendrickson, Haason Redick

DL- Leonard Williams, Ndamukong Suh

LB- Avery Williamson, BJ Goodson

CB- Patrick Peterson, Richard Sherman

S- Anthony Harris, Justin Simmons

I almost forgot about that. lol.  

Robert Tunyon is RFA so Jonnu Smith should be the replacement there.

QB trade talk:

Deshaun Watson-

Media has stirred it up as hell.  It is really kind of silly that Watson would request a trade because of GM's movement. Head Coach and Offensive Coordinator remain top matter to Watson. Unless new GM clearly wants to rebuild the team, Watson stays.

If Watson in fact is on the trade block and fine with playing for Jets then #2 and 2 3rd round picks would be enough. No more than that.

Carson Wentz-

Despite I believe he is immovable and think Eagles should fire Doug Pederson, Wentz won't be traded until June 1st.  Attempting to sell 2021 draft picks for him is no go.

Tim Boyle-

I would expect Packers to tender him a 2nd round tag. I still think he needs to move out of Packers because their former first round Jordan Love can't stay #3 for back to back seasons.  Love should be #2 by default in order to receive quality practices.

Boyle would be an excellent addition for 49ers, Patriots and Jets.  Should offer him a good money as back up with incentives for starting gigs.  Since Packers are guaranteed to be outside top 25 throughout the draft I am thinking about Packers' 2nd round pick and Boyle for Jets' 2nd round pick. After that, #2 can be traded down to get new 2nd round pick so they can spend on top available RB there.

Sam Darnold-

I don't sincerely believe that trading Darnold would net Jets at least 3rd round pick but if there is one, stop discussing and make a trade. Otherwise, I can see he stays with Jets.  Let him compete with other qb for starting job. It is really cheap to keep Darnold as back up qb.  It means no mentor role for #2 qb on the roster.  It also means Jets have to make a home run hire at qb coach.  It tri-also means I will enjoy reading some continuous sobbing comments made by fans.😘

Jimmy Garapollo-

Well, he is injury prone and being a hard head when it comes to mechanic.  I don't see any benefit for Jets. Pass.

Who else?

It's just Watson Vs Fields for me right now. Watson put up amazing numbers. People are looking at the record and making assumptions he can't be the guy. Most of their L's came against playoff teams like Chiefs, Ravens, Steelers, Browns, Titans, Packers, and Colts. He made the best of a inconsistent surrounding on offense. He's only 25, so if the price is right, I'm up for getting Watson. This would feel like the Saints getting Brees.

7 hours ago, JetsandI said:

QB trade talk:

Deshaun Watson-

Media has stirred it up as hell.  It is really kind of silly that Watson would request a trade because of GM's movement. Head Coach and Offensive Coordinator remain top matter to Watson. Unless new GM clearly wants to rebuild the team, Watson stays.

If Watson in fact is on the trade block and fine with playing for Jets then #2 and 2 3rd round picks would be enough. No more than that.

Carson Wentz-

Despite I believe he is immovable and think Eagles should fire Doug Pederson, Wentz won't be traded until June 1st.  Attempting to sell 2021 draft picks for him is no go.

Tim Boyle-

I would expect Packers to tender him a 2nd round tag. I still think he needs to move out of Packers because their former first round Jordan Love can't stay #3 for back to back seasons.  Love should be #2 by default in order to receive quality practices.

Boyle would be an excellent addition for 49ers, Patriots and Jets.  Should offer him a good money as back up with incentives for starting gigs.  Since Packers are guaranteed to be outside top 25 throughout the draft I am thinking about Packers' 2nd round pick and Boyle for Jets' 2nd round pick. After that, #2 can be traded down to get new 2nd round pick so they can spend on top available RB there.

Sam Darnold-

I don't sincerely believe that trading Darnold would net Jets at least 3rd round pick but if there is one, stop discussing and make a trade. Otherwise, I can see he stays with Jets.  Let him compete with other qb for starting job. It is really cheap to keep Darnold as back up qb.  It means no mentor role for #2 qb on the roster.  It also means Jets have to make a home run hire at qb coach.  It tri-also means I will enjoy reading some continuous sobbing comments made by fans.😘

Jimmy Garapollo-

Well, he is injury prone and being a hard head when it comes to mechanic.  I don't see any benefit for Jets. Pass.

Who else?

So an undrafted quarterback with 15 yards career passing is worth more/similar to Sam Darnold. 

The same Sam Darnold who’s more than three years younger and three years of starting experience....

58 minutes ago, xenajets said:

So an undrafted quarterback with 15 yards career passing is worth more/similar to Sam Darnold. 

The same Sam Darnold who’s more than three years younger and three years of starting experience....

My thoughts exactly. Boyle would get cut if anything. 

3 hours ago, xenajets said:

He would be ahead of Darnold and rookie qb if Jets hired one that runs Shanahan offense.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

He would be ahead of Darnold and rookie qb if Jets hired one that runs Shanahan offense.

I respect your opinion a lot but I don’t see how a guy with 3 completed passes for 15 yards and about 3 kneel downs how he can run an offense better than Darnold or fields/Wilson. 

11 minutes ago, xenajets said:

I respect your opinion a lot but I don’t see how a guy with 3 completed passes for 15 yards and about 3 kneel downs how he can run an offense better than Darnold or fields/Wilson. 

Yeah.. it is hard to hype up someone with empty resume in NFL.    For now, he is more of preseason standout player.   Anyway, Fields and Wilson never play NFL and will learn the system whether he is in to get comfortable to read all the field in NFL games. Do you honestly think either will start week 1?  Granted, that remains unseen but Boyle is ahead of them by default.   As for Darnold, he can recover if offense scales back to conservative or balanced plan because he has struggled in aggressive scheme. There is Boyle as my cue.   Whatever right or wrong, I like to bet on it.

Edited by JetsandI

49 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Yeah.. it is hard to hype up someone with empty resume in NFL.    For now, he is more of preseason standout player.   Anyway, Fields and Wilson never play NFL and will learn the system whether he is in to get comfortable to read all the field in NFL games. Do you honestly think either will start week 1?  Granted, that remains unseen but Boyle is ahead of them by default.   As for Darnold, he can recover if offense scales back to conservative or balanced plan because he has struggled in aggressive scheme. There is Boyle as my cue.   Whatever right or wrong, I like to bet on it.

I just don’t see how an undrafted player with three completed passes could be more successful than Sam or one of these highly sought after qbs. Time will tell I guess....