2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

On 12/31/2020 at 12:38 PM, JetsandI said:

Lattimore is grabby.  Yellow Flag king.  Trade and then offer new contract?  No thanks.

I don't think Saints will trade Ramczyk away. Saints would rather to take salary penalty than lose him.

I assume they trade lattimore and extend Ramczyk and lower that cap hit considerably

I would like to trade Darnold for a starting O-lineman. A team who wants to upgrade their backup QB (maybe KC?) for a guard (maybe Laurent Duvernay-Tardif if he decides to return to football?). Something along those lines.

I think we should look for guys who are not going to be at the very top of the free agent class at their respective positions, but rather guys who are either slightly lower because they have yet to break out entirely or slightly lower because they are a bit older or injuries have caught up with them. Someone like A.J. Green intrigues me, because I don't think people view him as a top-tier free agent anymore. And yet, he is as talented as any WR on the market. 

1 hour ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I would like to trade Darnold for a starting O-lineman. A team who wants to upgrade their backup QB (maybe KC?) for a guard (maybe Laurent Duvernay-Tardif if he decides to return to football?). Something along those lines.

I think we should look for guys who are not going to be at the very top of the free agent class at their respective positions, but rather guys who are either slightly lower because they have yet to break out entirely or slightly lower because they are a bit older or injuries have caught up with them. Someone like A.J. Green intrigues me, because I don't think people view him as a top-tier free agent anymore. And yet, he is as talented as any WR on the market. 

Rarely are trades for players like that. But this is an odd year where teams will be trying to get some guys off the books. So player swaps might happen. I think IF we decide to trade Darnold... we are looking at a late 2nd at best. But more than likely a 3rd in return. Which is just awful considering what we gave up to trade up and get him (3 2nd rounders). 

The trade market is interesting with teams like NO, PHI (who JD has a relationship with) ATL, PIT, GB and LAR. All are already over 20mill in cap space for the 2021 season. So they have to get rid of players. With us having extra picks and what should be 90-100mill in cap space after cuts. We are prime candidates as a trade partner. Who these teams have as FAs is big too bc it will be very hard for them to resign guys given their situation. JD needs to be all over these type of situations 

18 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Dude Elfein is the worst pass blocking OG in football. OG is a tremendous need. He grades out abysmal ever week minus a flash block here and there. He is not a starting OG not even close. 

I think Elflein has been awesome, I don't give a crap about what PFF grades him out as.  The OL has been much better with him and barring the GW blitz, the Jets could be 3-2 since he entered the lineup.  I think he has been a ginormous upgrade over Alex Lewis and we don't need to worry about him.  If you would rather grab a LG and then move him to RG that's fine with me too.  But to say he's not a starting OG is way off IMO.

Watch Baldy's breakdowns on Becton because it's the best thing on the internet.  But then rewatch and key in on Elflein.  Looks great to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I think Elflein has been awesome, I don't give a crap about what PFF grades him out as.  The OL has been much better with him and barring the GW blitz, the Jets could be 3-2 since he entered the lineup.  I think he has been a ginormous upgrade over Alex Lewis and we don't need to worry about him.  If you would rather grab a LG and then move him to RG that's fine with me too.  But to say he's not a starting OG is way off IMO.

Watch Baldy's breakdowns on Becton because it's the best thing on the internet.  But then rewatch and key in on Elflein.  Looks great to me.

Agreed. We resign him and we have a starting quality OG

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Agreed. We resign him and we have a starting quality OG

Except hes not a starting quality OG and you are being fooled. Its like us signing Perriman and not bringing in another WR and thinking we are all set with starters, you would flip. 

14 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Its not just PFF which i dont even love, its ever advanced pressure stat too. He has a flash play in the run game here and there but hes been atrocious pass blocking. I was a huge fan of him of draft day and happy we got him, but hes a backup and we have to do better than that. 

3 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Except hes not a starting quality OG and you are being fooled. Its like us signing Perriman and not bringing in another WR and thinking we are all set with starters, you would flip. 

I’m a strong believer in who a OG plays between makes a difference. And Becton and McGovern are 2 good guys for him to play between. And I think the change of scenery and how he’s played since being in our jersey are worth resigning him and thinking he’s a good starter for us.