2021 Patriots Draft

m haynes

19 hours ago, m haynes said:

Well it getting close, so I thought I throw my 1st legit attempt at what the Pats draft would look like based on some of the players I like and what the Pats would do based on previous drafts patterns.

This is not how I would draft but it does have some of the players I like. The players I want badly marked in bold.

15.     Jaycee Horn [ CB ] South Carolina
46.     Alim McNeill [ IDL ] NC State
 96.    D'Ante Smith [ OT ] East Carolina
120.   Kenneth Gainwell [ RB ] Memphis
122.   Chazz Surratt [ LB ] North Carolina
139.   Ihmir Smith-Marsette [ WR ] Iowa
177.   Davis Mills [ QB} Stanford
188.   Trey Hill [ IOL ] Georgia
197.   Cameron Bynum [ CB ] California
242.   Buddy Johnson [ LB ] Texas A&M

PS left out trades becasue that's impossible to predict and gives me a Popsicle headache!!

The only reason that BB picked QB Mills was to keep Kraft's mouth shut! 😁

I like it.

Mills has injury concerns though, but at 177 - it's an easy pick.

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I like it.

Mills has injury concerns though, but at 177 - it's an easy pick.

I'm not a fan of Mills on what I have seen so far however he sometimes shows amazing skills. I'm am now questioning Stanford program. Reason why, Andrew Luck FB-IQ off the charts, skill level top notch however in the NFL he would make some of the dumbest plays that left you scratching your head. Mills does exactly the same thing????? How can Mills and Luck make these great plays than turn around and throw a pick on a 10 yard pass into Double coverage.

Maybe there more there than meets the eye. 

EX On play he hitting a guy between the 2 safeties, 30 yard DF with a window as big as a key hole than the next he's throw a 10 yard in with triple coverage!!!

Players that I would pass on if I was the Pats!!!  I may break a TV if we take some. TV breakers in bold

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah ---  size
Caleb Farley  -------------------  major injuries
Rashod Bateman  --------------- 4.3 my butt. Ya I can jump building. To much Harry!
Kadarius Toney ------------------ Don't believe the Kipers Hype. and he's a FLA WR.
Gregory Rousseau --------------  Don't like players that win only with greater physical traits in college.
Daviyon Nixon  ------------------ Glamour boy, doesn't want to get down and dirty.  Ale!!! (o -Lay?)
Tylan Wallace  ------------------- Injuries
Jay Tufele  ------------------------ Lazy, big that's it.
Amon-Ra St. Brown -------------- Harry
Dylan Moses ---------------------- Football body only! Remind me of Vernon Gholston
Marvin Wilson  ------------------- Reality star careless about football.

Last but not least any 2nd RD player that runs a 6 second 40, especially a DB and WR!!!!!!!

Forgot a TV breaker Nico Collins!!! If I hear just once " he's great at 50 50 balls" I will lose my lunch! That means he can't even get away from college DBs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Meet Harrys twin!

Edited by m haynes

23 hours ago, m haynes said:

Players that I would pass on if I was the Pats!!!  I may break a TV if we take some. TV breakers in bold

Rashod Bateman  --------------- 4.3 my butt. Ya I can jump building. To much Harry!
Kadarius Toney ------------------ Don't believe the Kipers Hype. and he's a FLA WR.
Gregory Rousseau --------------  Don't like players that win only with greater physical traits in college.
Daviyon Nixon  ------------------ Glamour boy, doesn't want to get down and dirty.  Ale!!! (o -Lay?)
Dylan Moses ---------------------- Football body only! Remind me of Vernon Gholston

Last but not least any 2nd RD player that runs a 6 second 40, especially a DB and WR!!!!!!!

Forgot a TV breaker Nico Collins!!! If I hear just once " he's great at 50 50 balls" I will lose my lunch! That means he can't even get away from college DBs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Meet Harrys twin!

Is there anyone else Mel Kiper is all over?

If so, they're all on my list. 

I'd put Oweh on mine. He has a lot of speed and explosion, but even average college OL completely lock him up. Simply too small, I'd say

On 4/19/2021 at 11:29 AM, m haynes said:

I agree with all except I would take a chance on Toney, St. Brown, or Collins anytime after the first round.

In my final mock, have you guys going EDGE Kwity Paye in the 1st with all the QB’s off the board. He screams Bellichick player. Can play in any scheme, can rush the passer, a monster, and oozes potential. 

In the 2nd Round, have you guys getting LB Nick Bolton, think he fits your LB core nicely. 

3rd Round, I have you getting your QB in Kyle Trask who is still on the board. 

BB has really loved Michigan players last few years on defense.. Paye makes sense and I can see him being the pick. I think BB is going to have a really interesting group of players to select from at 15 with the top QBs likely gone. 

Who would he pick between Kwity Paye / Zaven Collins / Jaycee Horn / Devonte Smith / Micah Parsons / Christian Darrisaw ? It's totally possible that 3+ of that group will be available at 15. I would likely pick Horn myself given the uncertainty at CB. I would LOVE to see Smith on this team, but I know I shouldn't hold my breathe on that one haha 

Nick Bolton in the 2nd is a nice selection.. i'm not sure BB would take him though because he's a bit smaller than most LB he's usually interested in. 

I don't think Trask is available in the 3rd.. especially given they only have a comp 3rd (BB will never take a QB with the Brady comp lol). Trask / Mond / Mills are gone by the end of the 2nd imo. I think you'd be looking at Newman if you're trying to get a 3rd/4th round QB. While I don't think 8 QBs would have grades that high.. it just seems like a crazy QB draft where A LOT of guys are going to get over drafted. 

Here is my QB draft strategy for the Pats

Jones ----  A trade up but only with 2021 1st ,  2022 1st  and lower rounds picks.  No way with 2023. He's gone I know.

Fields  ---  15th only if they keep the CN offense which I hope the heck they don't. Its frigging boring!!!!!

Trask ----- 2nd RD. Also trade into the 1st if they can get him for 5th year with a reasonable trade. 

Ehlinger ---- 5th RD pick. IMO they can improve his bad mechanics. He is 2nd to Jones with understanding how to play QB.

Mills  -----  6th RD  Has the tools but the head the question. Flyer.

All the others I would pass on. Yes I would pass on Lance and Mond. I don't care what they say. He a complete risk.

If I was drafting the only guys I would take in this draft would be Jones, Trask and Mills. I can see Fields for CN offense but I would not go with the type offense. You can't win the SBs with RB QB!!

On 4/22/2021 at 12:25 PM, 1ForTheThumb said:

One week until football future's Christmas, fam. Haven't been this excited for a draft in a long time. Naturally, that means we're bound to get disappointed and BB is going to trade down at 15.

Just please NFL Draft gods give me a QB in round 1.

Trade 15 to Chicago for 20...draft Barmore.

That's my official prediction, and Santa hasn't made it to Boston 🤣

• Like 1

Hey guys, feel free to use this thread for general draft discussion during the week. However, let's lay out some expectations:

1. Please do not tip picks

2. Please keep discussion on the board and not a third party

3. When a Patriot selection is made, please create a new thread

4. Feel free to leave the link to selection thread in this one to direct people

Does anyone want to be the designated thread creator for our picks?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Hey guys, feel free to use this thread for general draft discussion during the week. However, let's lay out some expectations:

1. Please do not tip picks

2. Please keep discussion on the board and not a third party

3. When a Patriot selection is made, please create a new thread

4. Feel free to leave the link to selection thread in this one to direct people

Does anyone want to be the designated thread creator for our picks?

Question  How do you want to handle Pats trades.  Ex trade down. Post here or new thread.

Edited by m haynes