The Florida Gators thread

Scalamania

From everything that I've read Mullen and his family hated their time in Gainesville so I've personally counted him out. 

My top choice is still Fuente but I doubt he leaves Tech right now. I'm all aboard the Scott Frost hype train but would be happy with Taggart or Norvell. 

With the Gators trailing 21-0 at the half in their eventual loss to Georgia, Spurrier walked through the press box and asked a handful of reporters, "What happened to the forward pass?"

lmao

Some decent stuff in this article, including Nussmeier being given a contract extension this summer. 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21272643/inside-story-split-florida-gators-football-coach-jim-mcelwain

• Like 1

Some interesting things I saw on the UF forum. Vilma says Chip Kelly is recruiting him to be a position coach and named Florida and UCLA as the two schools. One of the posters on the Gator board is saying that UF received clearance from the SEC and NCAA to hire Chip. He says hiring should be announced in the next few weeks.

Obviously, the latter is a lot less trustworthy than the former. 

29 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Some interesting things I saw on the UF forum. Vilma says Chip Kelly is recruiting him to be a position coach and named Florida and UCLA as the two schools. One of the posters on the Gator board is saying that UF received clearance from the SEC and NCAA to hire Chip. He says hiring should be announced in the next few weeks.

Obviously, the latter is a lot less trustworthy than the former. 

“You know what, he’s probably working on me getting the LB position,” said Vilma jokingly. “I am going to be the linebackers coach with him. UCLA, Florida somewhere. It’s going down. He won’t spill the beans but it’s going down.”

It seems more like Vilma joking around then Chip recruiting him - but it's up for interpenetration I guess. 

I said from the start the Chip Kelly at UCLA is a perfect fit for him -  a lot less pressure at UCLA then here and that could turn him away. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

It seems more like Vilma joking around then Chip recruiting him - but it's up for interpenetration I guess. 

I said from the start the Chip Kelly at UCLA is a perfect fit for him -  a lot less pressure at UCLA then here and that could turn him away. 

Yea, that's not how it was presented on the other site. I wasn't going to listen to 30 minutes of that blowhard Russillo, so I took them at their word. That's my bad.

• Like 1

Also, here's what Spurrier said in a radio appearance this morning 

“Scott Stricklin, our AD, he’s well-connected around the country, and I believe we’ll have an excellent coach here in 3-4 weeks," said Spurrier. "The coach is with his team now. The coach we’re going to hire is probably I would almost 100 percent say is coaching his team today, this weekend and through the end of the season and maybe through the bowl game.”

If this tidbit has any truth to it that rules out Kelly and Stoops - never know, though.