BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

24 minutes ago, Jlash said:

One day, when I'm finally done with BDL, I'm going to ask SirA to video chat me and I'm going to ask him to break down how he grades players/determines anything about what he likes about them.

My BB begins with all the players that decide to go back to school that I liked the year before. Currently 2022 has no one on the list since almost everyone declared.

I then use about 5-6 different sites to compile a list of players to start from. I normally go back and add a player here and there to my board each week. Which is generally in position groups and not in a numerical order.

I pick guys that I like and as the draft approaches assign them a BDL round I am comfortable selecting them in. It's very ameba like and not in any order. I even have guys already sorted that will be PFA/Shark Tank/Waiver pick ups. I use waivers to do what I call Back Drafting every year.  

For instance this year Gabriel Davis was my #1 Shark Tank target because of the workouts I saw him do with Brandon Marshall.

I try and have a few options at each position for each round I have picks in and just stick to that list.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I never said I was leaving man. I turned in a gameplan the day after I got married last month bro. I'm in.

That type of determination is where it is at.

4 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Speaking of my wedding:

141112670_10225161501723508_137690486974

Looking incredibly sharp.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SirA1 said:

My BB begins with all the players that decide to go back to school that I liked the year before. Currently 2022 has no one on the list since almost everyone declared.

I then use about 5-6 different sites to compile a list of players to start from. I normally go back and add a player here and there to my board each week. Which is generally in position groups and not in a numerical order.

I pick guys that I like and as the draft approaches assign them a BDL round I am comfortable selecting them in. It's very ameba like and not in any order. I even have guys already sorted that will be PFA/Shark Tank/Waiver pick ups. I use waivers to do what I call Back Drafting every year.  

For instance this year Gabriel Davis was my #1 Shark Tank target because of the workouts I saw him do with Brandon Marshall.

I try and have a few options at each position for each round I have picks in and just stick to that list.

Aside from a bunch of concentration drops, Gabe Davis balled out this year. He'll blow up next year when John Brown gets cut. Him not being available made a huge difference in the AFCCG given the Buffalo WR group looked like an on-field casualty ward.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WFLukic said:

Aside from a bunch of concentration drops, Gabe Davis balled out this year. He'll blow up next year when John Brown gets cut. Him not being available made a huge difference in the AFCCG given the Buffalo WR group looked like an on-field casualty ward.

Yes the guy who averaged two catches a game for 38 yards while barely catching over half his targets was certainly ballin 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Yes the guy who averaged two catches a game for 38 yards while barely catching over half his targets was certainly ballin 

7 TDs, 77% of his catches were first downs and 10 over 20, 3 over 40. Yeah his hands could be better, but as a no.3/no.4 WR those are pretty good numbers. The potential is definitely there.

50 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

7 TDs, 77% of his catches were first downs and 10 over 20, 3 over 40. Yeah his hands could be better, but as a no.3/no.4 WR those are pretty good numbers. The potential is definitely there.

You can surely say he looked like he can be a good receiver, or had a really promising start to his career but let's not over promote what he did. You just described Marquez Valdes Scantling's numbers.  Was he balling this year too? 

27 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

You can surely say he looked like he can be a good receiver, or had a really promising start to his career but let's not over promote what he did. You just described Marquez Valdes Scantling's numbers.  Was he balling this year too? 

I like this argument.