BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

For a short History of the Singapore LBs.

2014 - DeAndre Levy, Bobby Wagner, Ryan Shazier, Henoc Muamba, Kasim Edebali

2015 - (Wagner was stolen in RFA by Footsy) Levy, Shazier, Stephone Anthony, Sean Spence, Jelani Jenkins, Davis Tull

2016 - Levy, Anthony, Deion Jones, Shaq Thompson, Antwione Williams, Tyler Matakevich (Shazier Traded right before injury)

2017 - Anthony, Jones, Thompson, Matakevich, Jaylon Smith

2018 - Jones, Smith, Jon Bostic, Eric Kendricks 

2019 - Jones, Josey Jewell, Reggie Ragland, Chris Board, Malik Jackson (Jaylon Smith traded)

2020 - Jones, Haason Reddicck, Kevin Pierre-Louis, Justin Hollins, Andrew Van Ginkel (Last 3 guys were waiver pickups) Jewell and KJ Wright traded during the season.

As you can see my thoughts on the position have changed. With most teams going nickel base you only need 2 LB at most with a 3rd for the bench. If you have a strong front 4 and a solid secondary LB is less of a need.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

For a short History of the Singapore LBs.

2014 - DeAndre Levy, Bobby Wagner, Ryan Shazier, Henoc Muamba, Kasim Edebali

2015 - (Wagner was stolen in RFA by Footsy) Levy, Shazier, Stephone Anthony, Sean Spence, Jelani Jenkins, Davis Tull

2016 - Levy, Anthony, Deion Jones, Shaq Thompson, Antwione Williams, Tyler Matakevich (Shazier Traded right before injury)

2017 - Anthony, Jones, Thompson, Matakevich, Jaylon Smith

2018 - Jones, Smith, Jon Bostic, Eric Kendricks 

2019 - Jones, Josey Jewell, Reggie Ragland, Chris Board, Malik Jackson (Jaylon Smith traded)

2020 - Jones, Haason Reddicck, Kevin Pierre-Louis, Justin Hollins, Andrew Van Ginkel (Last 3 guys were waiver pickups) Jewell and KJ Wright traded during the season.

As you can see my thoughts on the position have changed. With most teams going nickel base you only need 2 LB at most with a 3rd for the bench. If you have a strong front 4 and a solid secondary LB is less of a need.

Well we know you are going Daviyon Nixon in the first. Your last two firsts were INT that you made so why not keep the trend?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Trolling aside, I thought guys like Kevin Dodd and Kony Ealy were bad prospects when they came out of college and feel very vindicated to be right. It's a good feeling when a guy you don't think is any good and gets drafted high turns out to not be any good.

I've had some PTSD from the Ealy pick.  Edge prospect I took early-to-mid BDL second falls to the RL 2nd round where the Panthers end his slide?

Good thing that isn't exactly what happened with Gross-Matos.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Imo with only one team right now slated as taking a QB in the Top 10 (#1 overall) There's likely going to be 4 Tier 2-3 QBs sitting there at 10 where Camden will inevitably draft the 2nd best QB prospect, imo, Zach Wilson. 

I'm telling you right now there is 0 shot Wilson is there at 10. 

the simpsons grandpa GIF

I've been in this league too long.

10 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

You do realize 7 of the 9 picks belong to 2 teams and of those 2 teams the grand total of Trevor Lawrence is getting drafted. Maybe Rome takes him?

I can see Anchorage drafting 2 QB's to go with Burrow. New Orleans did the same a couple of years ago with Allen and Lock with Darnold already on board. 

If nothing else it's potential Draft Capitol for future years if one or more doesn't bust.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

You do realize 7 of the 9 picks belong to 2 teams and of those 2 teams the grand total of Trevor Lawrence is getting drafted. Maybe Rome takes him?

Naw I most likely would. He’s an asset that can be turned into more capital than the pick 9 is worth in an opt out year. 

1 minute ago, SirA1 said:

I can see Anchorage drafting 2 QB's to go with Burrow. New Orleans did the same a couple of years ago with Allen and Lock with Darnold already on board. 

If nothing else it's potential Draft Capitol for future years if one or more doesn't bust.

He just beat me to it lol 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Allen and Darnold were the same class he drafted Lock the following year

28 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I mean, Counselor and SirA already broke it down but I think you get it.

Also, I won't be the least bit surprised when you take a QB and then try the old "HA. FOOLED YOU GUYS!" thing. Happens all the time. Smoke screen season baby.