BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

Now that my county has put me back in my building permanently and I'm no longer working from home, I'll probably be doing my weekly mock drafts again leading up to the draft. With that in mind, I'm curious how teams are viewing their needs. 

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XDNGYTH

Keep in mind that I have a single 7th round draft pick and at this point it's looking unlikely I'll pick up more picks so don't fear me stealing all of your secrets. This info will only be seen by me and only used for mock drafting purposes. This could also be a chance to get some smokescreens out there too, just saying.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Blue said:

The longer this Deshaun Watson saga drags on, the more convinced I am that some team is going to rob the Texans blind around August when Houston finally realizes Watson isn't going to play for them.

What's interesting to me is that, logically speaking, the longer Houston waits, the less valuable of a return they're going to get as those future picks become complete wild cards and less concrete. So, it could mean exactly that (a lot bigger compensation package), or the opposite of what Miami got for Tunsil and a bunch of mid to late 20-something picks and late 2nd/3rd rounders making them the ones who sold a franchise QB for pennies on the dollar.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

What's interesting to me is that, logically speaking, the longer Houston waits, the less valuable of a return they're going to get as those future picks become complete wild cards and less concrete. So, it could mean exactly that (a lot bigger compensation package), or the opposite of what Miami got for Tunsil and a bunch of mid to late 20-something picks and late 2nd/3rd rounders making them the ones who sold a franchise QB for pennies on the dollar.

Not gonna repost the whole thing but my take on the Watson situation.

BDL Mock Draft 6.0

Much happier with this one than some of my other recent ones. I felt better about my valuations and didn't feel like too many guys slipped too hard. I tried to account for potential 3 ups but obviously that's an imperfect science. As always, I like getting feedback. And if you haven't done so already but would like to, here's my team needs survey. All responses will only be seen by me and will only be used for the purposes of my mock drafts. I only have one 7th round pick so I won't be able to use this forbidden knowledge to steal all of your guys.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, rackcs said:

BDL Mock Draft 6.0

Much happier with this one than some of my other recent ones. I felt better about my valuations and didn't feel like too many guys slipped too hard. I tried to account for potential 3 ups but obviously that's an imperfect science. As always, I like getting feedback. And if you haven't done so already but would like to, here's my team needs survey. All responses will only be seen by me and will only be used for the purposes of my mock drafts. I only have one 7th round pick so I won't be able to use this forbidden knowledge to steal all of your guys.

Beautiful 

56 minutes ago, rackcs said:

BDL Mock Draft 6.0

I like it. I like it alot.

2 hours ago, rackcs said:

BDL Mock Draft 6.0

You're the second person to give me Asante Jr.  I looked into him some after the first time and I do like him.  That said, I already feel good about Byron as my NB, so I would prefer an outside CB if I go that way at 30 as Rock didn't make the 2nd year jump I had hoped for.  

Etienne would be hard to pass up in the 3rd even if I do 3Up Aaron Jones.  

I'd definitely consider Marvin in the 6th.

I dont know anything about McGrone, but after Rashaan's disappointing year, I need another LB to go with Tremaine.

Don't know anything about Jack Anderson either, but I do know about Cleveland and Odeyingbo who go later...so I'd be more inclined to take one of them.

Good mock.

• Like 1