BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

3 hours ago, rackcs said:

BDL Mock Draft 6.0

Much happier with this one than some of my other recent ones. I felt better about my valuations and didn't feel like too many guys slipped too hard. I tried to account for potential 3 ups but obviously that's an imperfect science. As always, I like getting feedback. And if you haven't done so already but would like to, here's my team needs survey. All responses will only be seen by me and will only be used for the purposes of my mock drafts. I only have one 7th round pick so I won't be able to use this forbidden knowledge to steal all of your guys.

Didn't want to trade him away. But I'm empty at TE, and having a good young one seemed fair given my depth.

3 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

You're the second person to give me Asante Jr.  I looked into him some after the first time and I do like him.  That said, I already feel good about Byron as my NB, so I would prefer an outside CB if I go that way at 30 as Rock didn't make the 2nd year jump I had hoped for.  

Etienne would be hard to pass up in the 3rd even if I do 3Up Aaron Jones.  

I'd definitely consider Marvin in the 6th.

I dont know anything about McGrone, but after Rashaan's disappointing year, I need another LB to go with Tremaine.

Don't know anything about Jack Anderson either, but I do know about Cleveland and Odeyingbo who go later...so I'd be more inclined to take one of them.

Good mock.

Where are these truths during the season 

6 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Where are these truths during the season 

Being actively avoided.  Not gonna trash my starters mid-season, but I watch and read about all my guys on a regular basis.

I do think a couple guys get some unfair hate though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I like who you mocked for me overall and since none of the first 3 picks are getting traded I can honestly tell you that you nailed my first 2.

With this being the case Rack nailed the first five picks. Welcome to Anchorage Pancakes and the Slim Reaper! 

• Like 1

@rackcs

1.16: Jaycee Horn, CB: I like the pick, he clearly fits a position where our two boundary starters (Kenny Moore is CB2 but slot in base) are free agents and older starters at the position. We earned the title last year but older starting CBs on championship rosters is usually an unsustainable combination.

4.14: Hunter Long, TE, BC: I like how Rack is properly fitting me with ACC talent. I know very little about Long so far but I retort the “can’t start Alie-Cox bit.” If Indianapolis goes less 3 TE time share, Cox might develop into a long term starter. He ranked among PFF’s top 100 players (take that for what it’s worth) so his blocking and capitalizing on his opportunity suggest he could blossom into a strong starter. We will see. He’s also a RFA and so is our actual starter in Ian Thomas. TE is a need.

4.16: Chazz Surratt, LB, North Carolina: Its a real bummer I didn’t get to see him play because he didn’t participate when UNC came to Tallahassee. I am looking at upgrading the LB position and the FA signing of Littleton had a short-lived relationship.

5.16: Marlon Tuipulotu, INT, USC: I also know very little about the prospect. Nnadi is a RFA but we typically start Armstead at DT so one position in that area is already filled.

6.16: Tommy Togiai, INT, Ohio State: See perspective on pick 5.16.

7.6: Brady Christensen, OT, BYU: OL depth is important. It’s a good thing Cannon can return this year but for the record, I am expecting Ezra Cleveland to kick outside and become a long term starter at OT. We’ll see how the Vikings develop him and adjust with roster management.

7.14: Jermar Jefferson, RB, Oregon State: Late round RBs are a quality strategy but in making these picks it’s been a while since we’ve hit on a mid round guy. (Dalvin was a first round pick for us in 2016.)

Edited by MD4L
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jlash said:

A few things on @rackcs mock. 

1. Great job.

2. I do in fact have a standout at the CB position in Denzel Ward. 

3. I did not trade away Cooper Kupp. He's a FA. 

My bad on Kupp, I misremembered and must've missed him when looking at the FAs. Tough to account for 3 ups and stuff when doing the mock so that happens. Did you trade a WR at some point this season though? I could've sworn you did. Still think another WR could be added to the mix though.

46 minutes ago, MD4L said:

@rackcs

1.16: Jaycee Horn, CB: I like the pick, he clearly fits a position where our two boundary starters (Kenny Moore is CB2 but slot in base) are free agents and older starters at the position. We earned the title last year but older starting CBs on championship rosters is usually an unsustainable combination.

4.14: Hunter Long, TE, BC: I like how Rack is properly fitting me with ACC talent. I know very little about Long so far but I retort the “can’t start Alie-Cox bit.” If Indianapolis goes less 3 TE time share, Cox might develop into a long term starter. He ranked among PFF’s top 100 players (take that for what it’s worth) so his blocking and capitalizing on his opportunity suggest he could blossom into a strong starter. We will see. He’s also a RFA and so is our actual starter in Ian Thomas. TE is a need.

4.16: Chazz Surratt, LB, North Carolina: Its a real bummer I didn’t get to see him play because he didn’t participate when UNC came to Tallahassee. I am looking at upgrading the LB position and the FA signing of Littleton had a short-lived relationship.

5.16: Marlon Tuipulotu, INT, USC: I also know very little about the prospect. Nnadi is a RFA but we typically start Armstead at DT so one position in that area is already filled.

6.16: Tommy Togiai, INT, Ohio State: See perspective on pick 5.16.

7.6: Brady Christensen, OT, BYU: OL depth is important. It’s a good thing Cannon can return this year but for the record, I am expecting Ezra Cleveland to kick outside and become a long term starter at OT. We’ll see how the Vikings develop him and adjust with roster management.

7.14: Jermar Jefferson, RB, Oregon State: Late round RBs are a quality strategy but in making these picks it’s been a while since we’ve hit on a mid round guy. (Dalvin was a first round pick for us in 2016.)

Agree to disagree on MAC. I watched a decent amount of the Colts offense this year when Pittman got healthy and he never really stood out to me in any way. As for the INT, I'll keep that in account going forward. Like with Jlash, I think adding a guy at the position mid/late could still be in the cards, but definitely not two then.

40 minutes ago, Blue said:

Tbh not a great mock for me Rack, but I know these are hard to do and frankly I only have a couple dozen players I really have a good feel for at this point and most of them will be gone by my first pick

It's impossible for me to know which guys people like obviously. I try to go more for positional fits then specific players unless I have any inside intel. Fwiw, your draft was one of my favorite that I put together. I'm high on Bateman, Carter, Cisco, and Brown. Bateman and Brown I think could become a truly great duo for Mahomes. Both are excellent downfield threats, Bateman more of a physical big target and Brown more of an explosive athleticism type.