BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

4 minutes ago, rackcs said:

It's impossible for me to know which guys people like obviously. I try to go more for positional fits then specific players unless I have any inside intel. Fwiw, your draft was one of my favorite that I put together. I'm high on Bateman, Carter, Cisco, and Brown. Bateman and Brown I think could become a truly great duo for Mahomes. Both are excellent downfield threats, Bateman more of a physical big target and Brown more of an explosive athleticism type.

Bateman is on the 1st/2nd rd fringe for me, so that's good value where you picked him for me. Seen a ton of love for Brown among draftniks, excited to see him for myself.

Frogs inspired me to do an in depth break down of my opinion on my picks in racks mock.

1.4- Penei Sewell OT Oregon

I have Sewell as the #2 player on my board. So getting him at 4 after getting my #1 player at 1 obviously would be an ideal scenario. I believe Oline is very valuable and underrated in this league. Might not be sexy but I think he has sky high potential and can give me a great starter opposite Wills for years to come. I have Havenstein and Collins for two more years and Collins has some guard versatility so I can move guys around and have some nice depth on the line. 

1.5 DeVonta Smith WR Anchorage

I won’t hide my love for Smith. He would have been my pick over Ruggs at 1.8 last year had he come out. And too bad he didn’t but I get this chance at him here. Yes he is slight of frame and might be lacking some dominant physical traits but he is a Football player and I believe a special one at that. My Receiving corps has some young promise, in Ruggs, Tyler Boyd, and DPJ and Tyler Johnson if they get more chances but adding Smith here would be a huge boost to my group. 

1.7 Micah Parsons LB PSU

Linebacker is an area of need for me with just Kenneth Murray and Cole Holcomb as NFL starters on my roster. I am very high on both these young talented backers but adding a player of Parsons caliber would really allow this group to develop and hopefully become a strength of my defense. Now I do have my reservations with Parsons and his character issues. Some Rueben Foster vibes here. So honestly I likely would go a different direction here especially with JOK and Collins and some other mid round linebackers I like that could be available later. 

1.9 Caleb Farley CB VT

I like this pick. Even with adding Jaylon Johnson and possibly 3upping Bryce Callahan for a year, I can still add to this group with them and  Donte Jackson, CJ Henderson, Darious Williams, and Ceedy Duce. I will say this, Zach Wilson becomes tempting right here as he is #3 on my BB especially if I go Farley at 7 instead. As I believe Wilson is going to be very good, and regardless of who I have at QB the value may be too good to pass up on.

1.14 Kwity Paye Edge UM

I like Paye’s all around game. I wish he was more productive in college but his athleticism is rumored to be off the charts and this fills likely my biggest need. Good pick. 

2.22 Alijah Vera-Tucker OG USC

AVT has grown on me ever since Rack really introduced me to him. I could use some guard depth. I like Dalton Risner and Jonah Jackson and could 3 up Thuney and hope Jon Runyan or Jack Driscoll become players. It’s a good pick. But if I am not addressing LBer at 7 with Parsons I would take Zaven here for sure.

7.101 Drake Jackson C UK

Fills a position of need as I don’t have one. I need to watch his film though.

7.107 Nico Collins WR UM

I have heard some good things about him. I need to dive deeper into his film as well. Certainly open to adding WR but I’ll try and find my 7th round TE I like at this point most likely and take my shot there. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rackcs said:

My bad on Kupp, I misremembered and must've missed him when looking at the FAs. Tough to account for 3 ups and stuff when doing the mock so that happens. Did you trade a WR at some point this season though? I could've sworn you did. Still think another WR could be added to the mix though.

Agree to disagree on MAC. I watched a decent amount of the Colts offense this year when Pittman got healthy and he never really stood out to me in any way. As for the INT, I'll keep that in account going forward. Like with Jlash, I think adding a guy at the position mid/late could still be in the cards, but definitely not two then.

It's impossible for me to know which guys people like obviously. I try to go more for positional fits then specific players unless I have any inside intel. Fwiw, your draft was one of my favorite that I put together. I'm high on Bateman, Carter, Cisco, and Brown. Bateman and Brown I think could become a truly great duo for Mahomes. Both are excellent downfield threats, Bateman more of a physical big target and Brown more of an explosive athleticism type.

He traded Hopkins

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Bateman is on the 1st/2nd rd fringe for me, so that's good value where you picked him for me. Seen a ton of love for Brown among draftniks, excited to see him for myself.

Maybe I need to look for some Bateman flaws he currently sits in the top 16 on my board 😬

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Maybe I need to look for some Bateman flaws he currently sits in the top 16 on my board 😬

My biggest knock on him is that he's not going to wow anybody with his athleticism/physique. Not a ton of true No. 1 receivers in the NFL who lack a standout physical trait.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blue said:

My biggest knock on him is that he's not going to wow anybody with his athleticism/physique. Not a ton of true No. 1 receivers in the NFL who lack a standout physical trait.

I like his release and his overall game. I think he is going to be a good one.

Ok Rack I'll do what frogs and counselor did. 

1.10 Zach Wilson- 100% sure he is gone at this point in the draft. Fields too. Maybe even Trey Lance. That's how wild the QB frenzy has gotten the last couple years and it's hard to blame people. I can't stand this kids face, and his dumb head bands. I do however think he'll be a very good player. 

2.9 Tyson Campbell- Goddamn I am bad at drafting tall CB's. Huge swings and misses over the years. Stanley Jean Baptiste, the 6'3 kid from Utah. Trash. Greedy Williams isn't really my fault though because no one can predict a freak injury resulting in possibly never-ending nerve damage. I like Campbell though. If I draft him and he's 6'1 or taller he's doomed.

2.12 Najee Harris- 100% sure he doesn't get to this spot either, but I wouldn't hate having him paired up with the unstoppable, incomparable, unflappable Damien Harris.

4.7 Joe Tryon- Literally don't know anything about this guy but I like his name.

4.9 Jay Tufele- I was razor thin on the interior last year after trading Dexter Lawrence so I wouldn't mind adding depth. Tufele is a nice player.

5.1 Amon Ra St. Brown- Can't stand his brothers name or their parents explanation of how they name their kids so I already has a slight disdain for this kid. Not a knock on him as a player though and I do enjoy drafting WR's.

6.7 Ambry Thomas- Never heard of him. But Rack has, and I appreciate that.

6.10 Trey Hill- Another player that I'm 100% sure is gone at this point because there are far too many Georgia lovers in this league. Center is important though.

7.2 Walker Little- I think a man being as big as he is being named Walker Little is always going to be funny to me. As stated I do have some tackle options available but it's a valuable position that I feel like is ok to be deep at. I liked this pick.

Edited by Jlash
  • Like 2