BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

1 hour ago, pheltzbahr said:

Not me, I think it was SirA.  Unless alzheimers. 

It was me. I actually participated in an FFMD with the Chiefs a year or two before we moved.

Rocking the original SirApropos handle.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I don't think BB is there much longer and McDaniels is a clown. It's just a huge crap shoot to me. 

I think BB is there at least for the rookie contract if they land a guy in round 1 or 2. Can’t see him leaving (if not forced out) without having his own redemption story post Brady.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

I think BB is there at least for the rookie contract if they land a guy in round 1 or 2. Can’t see him leaving (if not forced out) without having his own redemption story post Brady.

I like what they've done at the TE spot, but the receivers are still god awful.

3 minutes ago, MD4L said:

While I agree with the theory there. I don't think there is going to be a redemption story.

I think its fair to argue at this point that the success in NE was more Brady than BB. This past season had me seriously wondering if he is actually as good a coach as people have believed all these years.

If they don't get a QB, they're going to achieve 5 wins this year at best imo

Edited by wwhickok

9 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

It was me. I actually participated in an FFMD with the Chiefs a year or two before we moved.

Rocking the original SirApropos handle.

Back then this site had a crazy number of posters. There were like 12 people running just the Chiefs warroom and my job was just Linebacker Scout to advise on draft picks.

Edited by SirA1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

While I agree with the theory there. I don't think there is going to be a redemption story.

I think its fair to argue at this point that the success in NE was more Brady than BB. This past season had me seriously wondering if he is actually as good a coach as people have believed all these years.

He went 14-6 with Jacoby Brissett, Jimmy Garoppolo, and Matt Cassel. I think it's fair to say BB was a very, very large part of that dynasty and arguing about who was "more" important is ridiculous. They don't win 5 Super Bowls and create a dynasty without both of them cheating up a storm.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Meh, while I don't completely disagree he won 11 games with Matt Cassel before, and went 3-1 with Jacoby Brissett and Jimmy G in a stretch without Brady.

Just now, Jlash said:

Meh, while I don't completely disagree he won 11 games with Matt Cassel before, and went 3-1 with Jacoby Brissett and Jimmy G in a stretch without Brady.

10 games with Cassel, Brady got hurt in Week 1 IIRC.

6 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I like what they've done at the TE spot, but the receivers are still god awful.

Agholor was solid last year. You can say they overpaid but he and Kendrick Bourne are big upgrades from non Edelman players last season.

• Like 1