BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

4 minutes ago, Jlash said:

He doesn't seem to have cared for a while now.

I'll never forgive him for just abandoning the forum and letting it rot away to a bot-filled wasteland.

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

I got 2nd vaccine yesterday....and uhhhh I feel terrible. I'm gonna need a cocaine hook up to make it through round 1 tonight. 

Yeah that second one hits. If it makes you feel better, for me and most of my friends/coworkers, it's pretty much just a 24-hour thing if that. You should, fingers crossed, feel fine tomorrow.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

I'll never forgive him for just abandoning the forum and letting it rot away to a bot-filled wasteland.

Yeah that second one hits. If it makes you feel better, for me and most of my friends/coworkers, it's pretty much just a 24-hour thing if that. You should, fingers crossed, feel fine tomorrow.

1. Yes, he gave up on the forum YEARS before the poster actually did. Literally just abandoned it like you said. Brutal.

2. I woke up and just felt tired. Now I feel like Loki when Hulk body slammed him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jlash said:

1. Yes, he gave up on the forum YEARS before the poster actually did. Literally just abandoned it like you said. Brutal.

2. I woke up and just felt tired. Now I feel like Loki when Hulk body slammed him.

I was always confused about the forum thing too because he was active in it and then just apparently decided he didn't care about it anymore? 

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

@Jlash that shot kicks like a mule. LOTS of water and LOTS of sleep. I actually ended up taking an Epsom salt bath, and that helped flush some of the stuff out a little bit.

A nap is what helped me a lot

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@Jlash that shot kicks like a mule. LOTS of water and LOTS of sleep. I actually ended up taking an Epsom salt bath, and that helped flush some of the stuff out a little bit.

Thank God my wife talked me into taking a sick day or else I'd be struuuuuggling at work. 

Just now, rackcs said:

I was always confused about the forum thing too because he was active in it and then just apparently decided he didn't care about it anymore? 

A nap is what helped me a lot

The site is a waste land now, the last time I went there, was because I'm friends with a former poster on FB (Alastair) and he was blasting Walt for calling COVID a hoax and using his site to peddle conspiracy theories. And I just went to see if that was a real thing, and it was. Probably the first time I'd visited in years. 

I can't remember who suggested this site, @SirA1 maybe? But me coming over and putting out feelers for BDL was the best thing that could've ever happened. I love it here.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Thank God my wife talked me into taking a sick day or else I'd be struuuuuggling at work. 

The site is a waste land now, the last time I went there, was because I'm friends with a former poster on FB (Alastair) and he was blasting Walt for calling COVID a hoax and using his site to peddle conspiracy theories. And I just went to see if that was a real thing, and it was. Probably the first time I'd visited in years. 

I can't remember who suggested this site, @SirA1 maybe? But me coming over and putting out feelers for BDL was the best thing that could've ever happened. I love it here.

I think it was actually pheltz.  And we debated between here and reddit.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jlash said:

See, that's my worry. TONIGHT of all nights, I can't go to bed early.

For me, I went to bed early because that's when symptoms started. Since you took a sick day, take a LONG nap. I would absolutely recommend that, and that's what I encouraged my wife to do as well. That helped.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

My shots didn’t effect me that much. The 2nd one game me a headache and my arm was pretty sore but that’s about it. I guess I lucked out 

This was my experience, too. Have a weird sense of FOMO for not having worse side effects. Although I did end up sleeping like 13 hours straight the night after the second shot.

19 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I think it was actually pheltz.  And we debated between here and reddit.

That's what I remember too. I think a couple different people recommended this and that's part of the reason it was decided upon.

Edited by Blue