BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

17 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Lmao from his explanation of his Jaycee Horn pick: "Team sources have told Charlie Campbell that Horn is a better prospect than his teammate Israel Mukuamu."

His Patrick Surtain pick: "The 6-foot-2 cornerback projects as a top-15 pick in the future."

Has he not updated the writeups since the beginning of the season? And nice catch on pick 141. The whole mock is just so ridiculously lazy. The writeups have zero thought or effort put into them at all. Every time I get nostalgic and visit that site I get reminded in one way or another why I don't visit anymore.

He updates almost nothing about the bios after the season and there is no editing or proof reading.

4 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

Its really impressive that he makes a good living off the site, but have some professional pride for God's sake.  That piece likely has the highest hits on his site all year on the 10 days leading up to the draft.  

It's kind of sad.  I still read some of Charlie's stuff, but I haven't looked at any of Walt's stuff in a long while.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rackcs said:

Hey everyone, just finished my 7 rounder. Would appreciate if you guys would go check it, maybe leave a comment if you want. Been working on it since Monday.

That would be an uninspiring Dolphins draft even though Parsons would be a major boon for the Dolphins. Ideally all the early choices would help Tua and they would add someone else in the trenches.

In terms of value Parsons at 18 would be insanely difficult to pass up. Nabbing Etienne in the mid 2nd round would be quite the fall. Tryon does fit a need so in terms of where guys fall this draft would be graded favorably.

He's also got his stock picking section. The dude lucked out completely on Gamestop so he decided he'd try to catch onto other stocks.

The vast majority of them are dog**** biopharm penny stocks but my personal favourite is FuboTV.

He calls it the "Michael Jordan of stocks" and started shilling it when it was at $60. It's now worth $20. lol.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WFLukic said:

He's also got his stock picking section. The dude lucked out completely on Gamestop so he decided he'd try to catch onto other stocks.

The vast majority of them are dog**** biopharm penny stocks but my personal favourite is FuboTV.

He calls it the "Michael Jordan of stocks" and started shilling it when it was at $60. It's now worth $20. lol.

I mean when it went to I had to split the first round into two pages because people complained of load times it started to go bad.

We know you want the extra ad revenue.  People aren't that dumb are they?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I mean when it went to I had to split the first round into two pages because people complained of load times it started to go bad.

We know you want the extra ad revenue.  People aren't that dumb are they?

I only use the site for two things now. One is the draft rumors section because it's nice being able to have a collection of a lot of the various rumblings in one place even if I have to ignore his added "analysis." The other is the mock contest. I won the 2019 one which was pretty sweet, got a nice $350 check in the mail. So I won't hate on that.

7 hours ago, WFLukic said:

No.2 is definitely the worst in Walt's mock: 

mvjlewH.png

I mean, I guess the Jets could trade for him back between now and the draft.

Pick 141 like Pheltz said is actually the worst. This is just not an updated analysis for this pick. Pick 141 he calls an edge player a cornerback and then continues to say in the analysis for the pick that the team needs corner help. 

As we welcome draft day. Biggest BDL draft regret this year. Not taking Jaycee Horn like I had originally planned at one point. I think this one will bite me. Runner up... not going Jaelen Phillips at 14, Zaven Collins at 22. Yes I like Parsons but he’s a knucklehead and yes it was nice to add a 2023 first but Ojulari apparently has a degenerative knee issue. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

As we welcome draft day. Biggest BDL draft regret this year. Not taking Jaycee Horn like I had originally planned at one point. I think this one will bite me. Runner up... not going Jaelen Phillips at 14, Zaven Collins at 22. Yes I like Parsons but he’s a knucklehead and yes it was nice to add a 2023 first but Ojulari apparently has a degenerative knee issue. 

At least you didn't take Farley super high...no offense to whoever did for the record. I love Farley, but that injury history is VERY concerning and I'm not going to be surprised if he free falls and/or is out of the NFL within the next few years. I really hope I'm wrong and am rooting for the kid.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

At least you didn't take Farley super high...no offense to whoever did for the record. I love Farley, but that injury history is VERY concerning and I'm not going to be surprised if he free falls and/or is out of the NFL within the next few years. I really hope I'm wrong and am rooting for the kid.

That would be Ruskie, who also took Greg Newsome. Newsome's obviously aren't as bad but he's got some injury concerns himself.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, rackcs said:

That would be Ruskie, who also took Greg Newsome. Newsome's obviously aren't as bad but he's got some injury concerns himself.

I'll be honest, I feel the same way about Phillips as I do about Farley. IRL, I wouldn't touch Phillips before Pick 50 with that medical. I'd also sprint to the podium to draft him at #51 or later.

9 hours ago, pheltzbahr said:

Its really impressive that he makes a good living off the site, but have some professional pride for God's sake.  That piece likely has the highest hits on his site all year on the 10 days leading up to the draft.  

He doesn't seem to have cared for a while now.

• Like 2