BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

4 hours ago, Jlash said:

Why Baltimore when they have starters in place for both spots already?

Every team has starters in place, doesn't mean you can't upgrade.  I think Moehrig is going to be best utilized as an opportunist, and Baltimore runs mostly man like I do.  Having him clean up for a strong CB groups will translate best imo.

Edited by pheltzbahr
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SirA1 said:

And yet Najee Harris is likely Steeler bound and their second round pick will likely be someone not drafted in the BDL draft.

Who do you think they're taking in the 2nd? I think it's likely to be one of the top 3 centers if available (god please let Dickerson fall to them)

34 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

Every team has starters in place, doesn't mean you can't upgrade.  I think Moehrig is going to be best utilized as an opportunist, and Baltimore runs mostly man like I do.  Having him clean up for a strong CB groups will translate best imo.

I have him mocked to Baltimore in my mock draft, I agree that it's a great fit.

Javonte Williams:      49ers/Cardinals
Rashad Bateman :    Packers/Saints
Pat Freiermuth:   Jags/Carolina
Liam Eichenberg:  Don't care
Spencer Brown:   Don't care,  someone that grooms him at LT
Alijah Vera Tucker:  49ers/ Giants
Wyatt Davis:  Giants / Cowboys
Josh Myers: Steelers / Chiefs
Joe Tryon:   49ers / Jets
Carlos Basham Jr:   Chiefs / Seahawks
Payton Turner:     Ravens/Steelers
Dayo Odeyingbo:   Ravens/ Bills
Tyler Shelvin:  Don't care
Paulson Adebo: Don't care
Richie Grant:     Seahawks/ Pats
Jamar Johnson: Don't care.

36 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Who do you think they're taking in the 2nd? I think it's likely to be one of the top 3 centers if available (god please let Dickerson fall to them)

My trusty Magic 8 Ball says otherwise. Omar Epps likes his 2nd rounders of the Receiver or Defensive variety since they are taking a RB in Round 1. Likely not an SEC player as well.

13- Lev Bell - MSU

14 - Stephen Tuitt - ND

15 - Senquez Golden - Ole Miss

16 - Sean Davis - Maryland

17 - Juju - USC

18 - James Washington - OKS

19 - Dionte Johnson - Toledo (high 3rd no 2nd this year)

20 - Chase Claypool - ND

43 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

My trusty Magic 8 Ball says otherwise. Omar Epps likes his 2nd rounders of the Receiver or Defensive variety since they are taking a RB in Round 1. Likely not an SEC player as well.

13- Lev Bell - MSU

14 - Stephen Tuitt - ND

15 - Senquez Golden - Ole Miss

16 - Sean Davis - Maryland

17 - Juju - USC

18 - James Washington - OKS

19 - Dionte Johnson - Toledo (high 3rd no 2nd this year)

20 - Chase Claypool - ND

We'll see. I think the team this year is very much wanting to beef up our run game because they see themselves as contenders for next year if they can get their offense to a passable level. I highly expect our first three picks to be RB and OL help (OT and C) in some order with maybe a CB if it's a guy they like. They're basically all in on one more year of trying to contend before Roethlisberger is gone so it wouldn't surprise me at all if this year is a bit of an outlier year in regards to their draft strategy.

You're certainly not wrong about the track record obviously but I'm just saying I wouldn't be shocked to see this year be different.

Edited by rackcs
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, rackcs said:

We'll see. I think the team this year is very much wanting to beef up our run game because they see themselves as contenders for next year if they can get their offense to a passable level. I highly expect our first three picks to be RB and OL help (OT and C) in some order with maybe a CB if it's a guy they like. They're basically all in on one more year of trying to contend before Roethlisberger is gone so it wouldn't surprise me at all if this year is a bit of an outlier year in regards to their draft strategy.

You're certainly not wrong about the track record obviously but I'm just saying I wouldn't be shocked to see this year be different.

Understood. I even went back and looked at 3rd round guys. To see if there was more of a pattern and it actually got worse. so it looks like if they went D in one round they went Off wpn in the next or vice versa. Only outlier being Chuks.

But this year could be different. JUst expect if they do go OL it will be someone from a small school most likely. 

13 - Markus Wheaton WR Texas

14 - Dri Archer RB Kent State

15 - Sammie Coates WR Auburn

16 - Javon Hargrave DT SC State

17 - Cameron Sutton CB Ten; James Conner RB Pitt

18 - Mason Rudolph QB OK St; Chuks OT West Michigan

19 - Justin Layne CB MSU

20 - Alex Highsmith OLB Colorado

10 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Understood. I even went back and looked at 3rd round guys. To see if there was more of a pattern and it actually got worse. so it looks like if they went D in one round they went Off wpn in the next or vice versa. Only outlier being Chuks.

But this year could be different. JUst expect if they do go OL it will be someone from a small school most likely. 

13 - Markus Wheaton WR Texas

14 - Dri Archer RB Kent State

15 - Sammie Coates WR Auburn

16 - Javon Hargrave DT SC State

17 - Cameron Sutton CB Ten; James Conner RB Pitt

18 - Mason Rudolph QB OK St; Chuks OT West Michigan

19 - Justin Layne CB MSU

20 - Alex Highsmith OLB Colorado

I wouldn't hate that, I'd love Spencer Brown in the 3rd if he's available. Interesting insight into the patterns though, I appreciate. Two small corrections that don't take away from your point at all but Wheaton was from Oregon State and Highsmith from Charlotte.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@Scoundrel's current reaction to the Broncos getting Bridgewater in light of his hopes of landing Justin Fields:

Disney River GIF

Eh, I dont see how expending a 6th rounder precludes them from taking a QB early.  I thinks it s a solid move where they aren't forced to trade up for one now though, taking away trade down teams' leverage.  If one falls, they nab him at 9.  If they all gone, welp TeddyB and Lock can do what they do.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Blue said:

Why would you think Chuck Clark and Deshon Elliott are locked into starting jobs?

Because they're both decent players, although based on this response and just generally knowing you, you'd disagree. I just think there are quite a few more teams with open paths to playing time than Baltimore.

• Like 3