BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

Just now, MD4L said:

Agholor was solid last year. You can say they overpaid but he and Kendrick Bourne are big upgrades from non Edelman players last season.

I've seen far too much Agholor in my life to count him as anything positive for more than small stretches.

Just now, Jlash said:

Although situated in NE, Fields would have the best RB in the league...so there's that..

157bf86b-0d12-44bf-ab86-b60284b513c3-Har

2 things.

1. I was unaware Dalvin Cook got traded to New England

2. I was unaware Dalvin Cook cut off his hair.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

While I agree with the theory there. I don't think there is going to be a redemption story.

I think its fair to argue at this point that the success in NE was more Brady than BB. This past season had me seriously wondering if he is actually as good a coach as people have believed all these years.

If they don't get a QB, they're going to achieve 5 wins this year at best imo

This a laughable post.

Particularly the bold statement when they won 7 games after the most opt outs and Cam Newton leading a passing game that to put it nicely was mostly non existent. And there’s an added game this year.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

He went 14-6 with Jacoby Brissett, Jimmy Garoppolo, and Matt Cassel. I think it's fair to say BB was a very, very large part of that dynasty and arguing about who was "more" important is ridiculous. They don't win 5 Super Bowls and create a dynasty without both of them.

Edited some stuff out and I agree with this post.

10 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

While I agree with the theory there. I don't think there is going to be a redemption story.

I think its fair to argue at this point that the success in NE was more Brady than BB. This past season had me seriously wondering if he is actually as good a coach as people have believed all these years.

If they don't get a QB, they're going to achieve 5 wins this year at best imo

This is such an absurd take. Brady is probably the GOAT QB. Belichick is probably the GOAT coach. They combined to create a sports dynasty that we probably won't see in football ever again. Their roughly two decade stretch of absolute dominance is unheard of and it comes from having two of the greatest people ever involved in football sharing the field at the same time.

• Like 1

@Jlash fine if you don’t want Justin Fields in New England, I’ll gladly have Kellen Mond go to NE with that 2nd round pick. 

Mond wasn’t used to elite weapons at Texas A&M so he’d fit right in as a backup to Cam Newton.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Edited some stuff out and I agree with this post.

Imagine pretending that the well-documented and rampant cheating didn't play a major role in at least three of those five Super Bowl wins.

10 minutes ago, Blue said:

Imagine pretending that the well-documented and rampant cheating didn't play a major role in at least three of those five Super Bowl wins.

Imagine how much attention all that stuff would get if Cleveland committed those same infractions.

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

Imagine how much attention all that stuff would get if Cleveland committed those same infractions.

All those banners hang the same I'd imagine. Emphasis on "imagine".

TL;DR

Who cares, Boston sucks.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

He went 14-6 with Jacoby Brissett, Jimmy Garoppolo, and Matt Cassel. I think it's fair to say BB was a very, very large part of that dynasty and arguing about who was "more" important is ridiculous. They don't win 5 Super Bowls and create a dynasty without both of them cheating up a storm.

I mean speaking of cheating....