BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

I like the Bridgewater trade. We're paying $3m for a guy who figures to be an elite backup QB and low-end starter. 

Next year I can't see us being particularly active in FA since re-signing Sutton, Johnson and Chubb will be our priorities. Potentially extending Kyle Fuller too depending on how he goes, so we either get a long-term backup QB who's already familiar with Shurmur's system or if we let him go in FA, he probably signs a modest 2/14 type deal elsewhere to be a backup and we recoup the 6th rounder through the comp pick system. 

I think we're going to end up going QB. I really hope we grab Fields or Jones. I can live with Parsons, especially with a small trade down. I can't imagine we go CB after signing Darby and Fuller. I guess we could take Slater or Sewell is he somehow gets to 9. I'd rather not though. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

I like the Bridgewater trade. We're paying $3m for a guy who figures to be an elite backup QB and low-end starter. 

Next year I can't see us being particularly active in FA since re-signing Sutton, Johnson and Chubb will be our priorities. Potentially extending Kyle Fuller too depending on how he goes, so we either get a long-term backup QB who's already familiar with Shurmur's system or if we let him go in FA, he probably signs a modest 2/14 type deal elsewhere to be a backup and we recoup the 6th rounder through the comp pick system. 

I think we're going to end up going QB. I really hope we grab Fields or Jones. I can live with Parsons, especially with a small trade down. I can't imagine we go CB after signing Darby and Fuller. I guess we could take Slater or Sewell is he somehow gets to 9. I'd rather not though. 

Think I read that the trade made his contract just for 2021 and he's FA after this season.

3 hours ago, Jlash said:

Because they're both decent players, although based on this response and just generally knowing you, you'd disagree. I just think there are quite a few more teams with open paths to playing time than Baltimore.

Elliott is just a guy and on the final year of his rookie deal. I don't think Chuck Clark is so good that you pass on a guy you like because of him.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

Think I read that the trade made his contract just for 2021 and he's FA after this season.

Yes. So it doesn’t take Denver out of QB if there at 9. But helps resist the urge to trade the farm to move up.

3 hours ago, pheltzbahr said:

Yeah, but I mean if we let him go, we get the comp pick, or if we re-sign him, we get a long-term backup out of it.

• Like 1

So I didn't have a ton of time to really put a lot of thought into it and do real prop bets or over/under things like I wanted but wanted to put out this form here for people to answer some of these questions and make predictions about what they think will happen. I will post results of who was most correct after the draft.

https://forms.gle/oWxkiTr6rN9Lf3bRA

And here is my BDL grades in case you need a refresher on how the draft went: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DuYdFH9R5tRS3KUEr_-O13Z2ivT-Ko9WzLRe2mL80Ak/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pheltzbahr said:

Just read Walt's final Mock out today.  Geez, so sloppy.  Want a good laugh?  Go to Round 4 and read up on Pick 141.

Lmao from his explanation of his Jaycee Horn pick: "Team sources have told Charlie Campbell that Horn is a better prospect than his teammate Israel Mukuamu."

His Patrick Surtain pick: "The 6-foot-2 cornerback projects as a top-15 pick in the future."

Has he not updated the writeups since the beginning of the season? And nice catch on pick 141. The whole mock is just so ridiculously lazy. The writeups have zero thought or effort put into them at all. Every time I get nostalgic and visit that site I get reminded in one way or another why I don't visit anymore.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Lmao from his explanation of his Jaycee Horn pick: "Team sources have told Charlie Campbell that Horn is a better prospect than his teammate Israel Mukuamu."

His Patrick Surtain pick: "The 6-foot-2 cornerback projects as a top-15 pick in the future."

Has he not updated the writeups since the beginning of the season? And nice catch on pick 141. The whole mock is just so ridiculously lazy. The writeups have zero thought or effort put into them at all. Every time I get nostalgic and visit that site I get reminded in one way or another why I don't visit anymore.

Its really impressive that he makes a good living off the site, but have some professional pride for God's sake.  That piece likely has the highest hits on his site all year on the 10 days leading up to the draft.  

• Like 4