Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Kansas City Chiefs GDT

JLambert58

20 minutes ago, August4th said:

steelers have all the makings of a great team just gotta start putting it together... and stay healthy 

Ben needs to start hitting on these passes he is missing.   He played better today.   Hopefully thats just the start.

Haley needs to keep attacking weaknesses as opposed to playing into an opponents strengths.    Today he did a fine job....needs to keep that up.

Tomlin needs to maker sure the team is prepared every week.     It makes no sense for us to play like this vs the best team in football on the road right after getting crushed by a middling team at home.

On defense.....just keep being aggressive and  getting pressure.    Our secondary can still be exploited, especially the deep middle.    

1 hour ago, August4th said:

steelers have all the makings of a great team just gotta start putting it together... and stay healthy 

I didn't know the passing D was only allowing 158 yards a game as the TV personality mentioned. Now this is something we should consider an improvement and it  could actually get better as Hayden gets more familiar, healthy and the D becomes more versatile . Of all the concerns, the Pass D/Pass rush were the main issues for me, mainly zones vs Brady.  Still early in the season, but at least the team addressed this and there is improvement.  

11 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

I still can't believe they only scored 12 points until AB saved them. So many yards all day long and they only got 1 field goal. We should have won by 20 points the way we were beating them all game.

Teams are trying to take away the deep ball and making the Steelers play perfectly for an entire drive.  Get used to it.  We have seen it in 6 games so far.

11 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

I still can't believe they only scored 12 points until AB saved them. So many yards all day long and they only got 1 field goal. We should have won by 20 points the way we were beating them all game.

Chiefs defense reminds me of the mid-2000's Steelers.  You can move the ball between the 20's so easily, but coming away with 3 is a good drive.

44 minutes ago, August4th said:

interesting.. steelers would have the number 1 scoring defense if you take away the two pick sixes ben threw against Jax

defense still has its flaws but its def improved over the last few yrs

Good point. They still have to improve, but much of that could be mentally and allowing Hayden to influence the D play calling more. This should all improve as long as people stay healthy, and of course disciplined. Penalties and getting burned (Burns of course) won't help. All this means nothing when we play Brady if we play zones and get no pressure.  KC matches up well vs Pats, we match up well vs KC even in their own stadium. That might be our way to #7 but it would seem like a fake win unless we beat the Pats IMO. 

Lets see what happens vs a good OL, that is the test ,  as long as ben doesn't ruin the game like vs Jags which never helps the D.

From what I saw, the D disrupted the line, creating decent consistent pressure . If this continues, I expect more turnovers, sacks and improved D rankings in general.  Tuitt is a force, that was a very good RD2 pick btw xD.  

I always  said that a good run game and TOP always helps the D, and we could be adding this to the equation. I know the league is pass happy, but with the OL and Bell, why not open TOP. Finney should be starting too, no coincidence that Bell has had his best games when Finney plays LG.  We lost Gilbert and bell still had a good game vs a good D. 

9 hours ago, 3rivers said:

I always  said that a good run game and TOP always helps the D, and we could be adding this to the equation.

Yes!

The NFL is pass-happy.  But, you need to run the ball to get 1st downs and to maintain TOP.

Its simple.

"Football is two things. It's blocking and tackling. I don't care about formations or new offenses or tricks on defense. You block and tackle better than the team you're playing, you win."

Vince Lombardi

Archived