-- [Complete] 2021 Head Coach Search - Nick Sirianni hired as Head Coach

Kiltman

1 minute ago, Wentz you dog you said:

His work speaks for itself - Belichick has said 90 to 95 percent of the gameplans is Josh & they are an offense that takes what the defense gives you. He's a demanding coach who will hold players accountable & makes good adjustments in-game. I would love if we hire him, but I don't think that will be the case. I will say that I could see Lurie falling in love with him tomorrow after the interview. Why do you not like Josh?

Did you forget his denver debacle? Or his turn coating the colts? Or the pats offense being garbage this year after brady left?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Not at all, probably a lot of guys up in Foxboro who feel the same.

Patriots fans honestly want McDaniels gone?? Newton was HORRENDOUS this year. I watched NE a good amount and I cannot believe their offense had ANY success whatsoever with the lack of talent at WR and how horrendous Newton was.

Just now, Wentz you dog you said:

His work speaks for itself - Belichick has said 90 to 95 percent of the gameplans is Josh & they are an offense that takes what the defense gives you. He's a demanding coach who will hold players accountable & makes good adjustments in-game. I would love if we hire him, but I don't think that will be the case. I will say that I could see Lurie falling in love with him tomorrow after the interview. Why do you not like Josh?

He is a retread coach who failed in Denver. He is a Belichick coach who in general have not been good. New England’s offenses were carried by the best QB of all time. The first season without TB the offense was awful. He got a job in Indy then refused it for absolutely no reason to stay an OC. What’s there to like I don’t get it. 

Just now, ninjapirate said:

Did you forget his denver debacle? Or his turn coating the colts? Or the pats offense being garbage this year after brady left?

He's been a cornerstone coach for multiple Super Bowl wins... You guys act like coaches with his accomplishments are floating around elsewhere. People here are fine with DUCE STALEY (who if I look at a list of accomplishments see nothing) over a guy who has gameplanned and called plays for a team whose won multiple Super Bowls. 

He's been a cornerstone coach for multiple Super Bowl wins... You guys act like coaches with his accomplishments are floating around elsewhere. People here are fine with DUCE STALEY (who if I look at a list of accomplishments see nothing) over a guy who has gameplanned and called plays for a team whose won multiple Super Bowls. 

tom brady won multiple super bowls mcdaniels went for the ride.

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

He is a retread coach who failed in Denver. He is a Belichick coach who in general have not been good. New England’s offenses were carried by the best QB of all time. The first season without TB the offense was awful. He got a job in Indy then refused it for absolutely no reason to stay an OC. What’s there to like I don’t get it. 

Retread coaches have been known to be more successful than first-time coaches. Mike Lombardi said that in his book when he researched and studied coaches that the coaches who do the best in football are typically retread coaches. He's had a huge role with an organization that has had a ton of success. Theres a reason a ton of teams have gone after him for a HC gig. Hes qualified as hell.

38 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

His past results were scary. I mean he could of learned from it. I don't believe anything Belichick says. That's really hard to believe too. I wouldn't be mad tho about him. There's worse options. 

Belichick seems like a guy that would bs to pump up his own guys too.. to help them get jobs. 

31 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Retread coaches have been known to be more successful than first-time coaches. Mike Lombardi said that in his book when he researched and studied coaches that the coaches who do the best in football are typically retread coaches. He's had a huge role with an organization that has had a ton of success. Theres a reason a ton of teams have gone after him for a HC gig. Hes qualified as hell.

What retread coaches are successful right now in the NFL. Any in the past 20 years? Genuinely asking as I can’t think of one. 

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

5 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

His past results were scary. I mean he could of learned from it. I don't believe anything Belichick says. That's really hard to believe too. I wouldn't be mad tho about him. There's worse options. 

Belichick seems like a guy that would bs to pump up his own guys too.. to help them get jobs. 

May I add their success was tied to the Goat at QB too. They looked brutal this year. I know Cam is Cam but still. If they could show me otherwise maybe I'd be on board but that's not the case since we need to hire someone now

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

That Andy Reid guy is doing ok.......

That's technically right but I wouldn't add him to that list when we're talking about a McDaniels type coach. Andy at least had massive success for majority of his run here. 

I hate swipe on a phone. Always texting something crazy. Always gotta edit lol

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

Bill Belichick, Pete Carroll, Andy Reid, Bruce Arians.... 

Belichick was 20 years ago on the dot so I'll give you him and Carroll. Reid and Arians don't qualify as they were successful in there first gigs as HC's.

Now how many retread HC's have failed twice? Just some off the top of my head from the past 10 years: Pat Shurmur, Chip Kelly, Hue Jackson, and Adam Gase. I am sure there are more if you look back in the 20 year span I gave you as well, and probably more in the 10 year span. So we really think its more likely that Josh McDaniels is closer to Carrol or Belichick rather than Jackson or Gase?

• Like 1