-- [Complete] 2021 Head Coach Search - Nick Sirianni hired as Head Coach

Kiltman

12 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

LOL... So since you suck on your first head coaching gig (Belichick) you are automatically doomed for eternity... Just put a red X over them! Extremely debatable logic there. We are going to have to agree to disagree.

Don't think its a guarantee, rather something people would prefer. We don't know anything about these coaches other than their public resumes. We are playing a blind guessing game and there is no way to know whether we are right or wrong. McDaniels could be the next great NFL coach, but I would rather go a different route... that is all.

Also, speaking purely statistically, I have to imagine coaches who failed at their first job do so at their second job at a higher rate than they succeed. Not that it is impossible, just the likelihood of these things occurring.  

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Don't think its a guarantee, rather something people would prefer. We don't know anything about these coaches other than their public resumes. We are playing a blind guessing game and there is no way to know whether we are right or wrong. McDaniels could be the next great NFL coach, but I would rather go a different route... that is all.

Also, speaking purely statistically, I have to imagine coaches who failed at their first job do so at their second job at a higher rate than they succeed. Not that it is impossible, just the likelihood of these things occurring.  

I can see the argument why you wouldn't want to go McDaniels. I don't know if he would mesh well with Howie anyways but the man is definitely qualified to be a HC in this league. He's been an insanely good OC. I also think his prior stint with DEN has humbled him a lot & he would act a lot differently this time if he was a head coach.

1 minute ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

To stay with this McDaniels talk. I think most would agree he's a top 5 option imo. Regardless of some of us saying we prefer to go another route. If we struck out on the other top choices it's still a solid choice in the end

He's the worst option.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

To stay with this McDaniels talk. I think most would agree he's a top 5 option imo. Regardless of some of us saying we prefer to go another route. If we struck out on the other top choices it's still a solid choice in the end

Could I see it working? 
yes.

Could I see it becoming an utter disaster way more than these other candidates? Also yes.

He basically defined the problem with Belichick assistants. Pompous, arrogant, manipulative, paranoid...he was one of the worst head coaches of the last 12 years. If one of our issues is accountability and connectivity with the players...is he really the guy?

McDaniels seems to be genuinely disliked by many. A rep he’s earned well. I do think he has some of the goods to back it up unlike say an Adam Gase.

Maybe he breaks Carson and gets him to cut the crap, maybe he can get enough push with the personnel side to fix some of Howie’s shortcomings. But it’s hard to say if a decade away from the head spot has truly made him humble himself and fix his ego. 

I think you could argue that the worst case of him coming in and scorching the earth is actually not all that bad considering it’s the reality we all think could need to happen before Howie gets the axe.

He’s an unlikely dude, but I don’t care much if they are winning.

11 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I love arguing semantics.

2 years and 4 years is not semantics. 

Yes, teams have, but the Eagles aren't one of those teams. This organization has shown it is able to compete on a yearly basis for division titles and playoff appearances. We have a track record.

Your track record post Reid is worse than Jason Garrett in the regular season. Yes, I acknowledge the 2017 post season is better than anything weve had in 25 years.

Probably not, but did you think the winner of the NFC East would have 7 wins going into the season? Did you think the Eagles would finish with 4? No one thought any of these things, but regardless none of the teams in the NFC East even remotely scare me.

I think most of the division is on the upswing...

Dallas has similar issues to the Eagles, getting older in key spots, have to put massive money into the QB, the worst defense in the division.

We literally have no issues in common. WTF are you talking about? Our oldest person on offense is 30. Everyone else is ~21-28. Pretty much the same on defense and we have cap space.

Washington and New York could take the next step but they still have big questions to answer going forward. The Eagles were as injured as any team in this division this year. Losing Dak was obviously the biggest loss, but what if the Eagles catch the health bug next season and the other teams stay hurt?

Ehhh.. We lost our QB, LT, RT, Swing T, C, RG, DE2, DT1, DT2, DT3, LB1 and everyone of our DBs missed time. I would put our injuries up there with anyone in the league.

As for your second question, again, that is wishful thinking. I thought we were trying to stay in the "realistic" realm? "what if the Eagles stay healthy" is about the most lala land thing you could ever say.

What you did was you quoted the most notoriously negative poster on our forum and tried to tell us that his viewpoint is the most realistic and the rest of us are crazy to expect any success going forward. We aren't buying it.

Who has been right more, him or you? Because in my experience, the Eagles forum has a tough time properly self scouting. Still love you guys!

9 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I almost don’t really care who gets hired. Until Lurie realizes this franchise is completely broken, scorches earth and starts over, the Eagles will be bottom feeders. I don’t expect anyone to last more than 3 years 

@AZ_Eaglesfan ^^^ Exactly what I am saying. Obviously anything can happen. Obviously. But if I had to put money down on a scenario, Roseman hires a coach. He gets fired in a year or 2 (unless Wentz bounces back). And the new GM will bring in a new coach. 

10 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I'd take 

Brady
Brandan Staley
Luke Fickell
Brian Daboll
Kellen Moore

All over him without thinking twice. There are probably a myriad of others I'd probably take before him after careful consideration, as well as a plethora of guys that I haven't even considered yet.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Could be. I assume you then LOVE kafka and all the other terrible options outside of the top 3-4 then. That's ok if you do... But we can be wrong or right. Never know 

I have no interest in any Andy guy but would take them over McDaniels. 

• Like 1