-- [Complete] 2021 Head Coach Search - Nick Sirianni hired as Head Coach

Kiltman

1 hour ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Could he could be a good option. Im on board for a Defensive HC. Only thing is our OC will get poached eventually if they're good. Unless we get someone like an older dude that doesn't want the HC jobs

Thats a good problem to have... Means our offense was actually functioning at a respectable rate. Plus, you typically can just hire in-house if thats the case. Numerous people I trust X's & O's wise have been saying the entire year how good he is schematically defensively. 

10 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Nobody said 4. I said 2-3 down years. Read better.

I love arguing semantics.

This is the NFL. Teams also stay bad from every single year. Some teams have been rebuilding for 25 years, as you all like to point out 😉

Yes, teams have, but the Eagles aren't one of those teams. This organization has shown it is able to compete on a yearly basis for division titles and playoff appearances. We have a track record.

Thee winner had 7 wins because of a multitude of factors. Such as 3 new HC's with no offseason. Key injuries to most of the teams (like Dallas having over 60% of the cap injured at one point). Tough out of division SOS, obviously lessened by inter division games. 

In your heart of hearts do you really believe that next season 7 wins takes the division?

Didnt think so.

Probably not, but did you think the winner of the NFC East would have 7 wins going into the season? Did you think the Eagles would finish with 4? No one thought any of these things, but regardless none of the teams in the NFC East even remotely scare me. Dallas has similar issues to the Eagles, getting older in key spots, have to put massive money into the QB, the worst defense in the division. Washington and New York could take the next step but they still have big questions to answer going forward. The Eagles were as injured as any team in this division this year. Losing Dak was obviously the biggest loss, but what if the Eagles catch the health bug next season and the other teams stay hurt?

11 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats why I said "most likely". Is it impossible that you flip the team in 1 year and are competing for 'ships in 2022? No. Not impossible.

Is it likely? No. It is most likely that you guys are rebuilding for 2-3 years and whatever coach you hire will be fired after Roseman is let go. 

What you did was you quoted the most notoriously negative poster on our forum and tried to tell us that his viewpoint is the most realistic and the rest of us are crazy to expect any success going forward. We aren't buying it.

34 minutes ago, Danger said:

3 reasons

1. He's a RBs Coach
  2. He's yet another Andy Reid underling, they don't pan out
  3. He probably doesn't give leadership vibes in interviews (speculative)

Yeah you have to think at this point that maybe the guy just doesn't interview well / doesn't have strong leadership traits.

Brandon Staley is a name I love. Guys made the Rams defense go from an underperforming mess to the most dominate defense in the NFL. Young, in the McVay system so he has plenty of offensive minds to steal, and seems to just know how to get the best out of his talent.

Still want Brady, but at this point if the FO really wanted him we would have offered him the job I believe. Daboll is being linked to the Chargers unsurprisingly. If Riley is off the table and Moore doesn't absolutely blow the FO away, gimme Staley.

1 hour ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Thats a good problem to have... Means our offense was actually functioning at a respectable rate. Plus, you typically can just hire in-house if thats the case. Numerous people I trust X's & O's wise have been saying the entire year how good he is schematically defensively. 

You're definitely you're right. Its a great problem to have. I just hope he'd be able to get us a new OC at that point and we wouldn't skip a beat or maybe even get better. 

Just now, ninjapirate said:

Oh god I can see us hiring Eric as a favor to Andy. 

“Jeffrey, I’ll go into the hall of fame repping both teams...but you gotta take these two dudes off my hands that have some issues. One is a himbo who slept with his secretary and can barely do anything for himself, the other one is a grumpy Gus and has a list of incidents longer than my Wendy’s receipt.”

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

“Jeffrey, I’ll go into the hall of fame repping both teams...but you gotta take these two dudes off my hands that have some issues. One is a himbo who slept with his secretary and can barely do anything for himself, the other one is a grumpy Gus and has a list of incidents longer than my Wendy’s receipt.”

Philadelphia the land of Andy Reid's reject toys

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Philadelphia the land of Andy Reid's reject toys

It’s so pathetic 

Like if you loved Andy so much why not just try and make it work in 2013? Fans were pissed and it was for the best for Andy...but ya could’ve done it.

Bienemy would be aggravating but I could see the rational behind it. Kafka I would like more than Bienemy but still not a fan.

McDaniels is the absolute worst type of hire we could make and would actually kill this team for the next 2-3 years imo. Maybe it would work out, but I just don't see it. No retreads please. Give us something fresh.