-- [Complete] 2021 Head Coach Search - Nick Sirianni hired as Head Coach

Kiltman

21 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I think if Duce is passed up again he's gone. Especially if a guy with 2 years total experience as an OC, with one of those being college, gets the HC job.

I doubt it. 1. He loves Philly, and 2. He'd still be getting a promotion by upping his title to OC.

• Like 1

Just now, Scalamania said:

The only hire out of those three that isn't that bad is Joe Brady, and that's still no great.

You have, like you said, another bad Eagles QB/AR staff member and you have an internal candidate; when your recently fired head coach suggested promoting an internal candidate you fired him. 

The Joe Brady hire could easily end up bad. I mean there is a reason other teams with more attractive situations are passing on him. 

I don't want any former Andy guys tbh, but if you're putting a gun to my head the only one that catches my eye at all is Mike Kafka. But I'd much rather bring on someone like Luke Fickell even and give Mike Kafka our OC position.

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

The Joe Brady hire could easily end up bad. I mean there is a reason other teams with more attractive situations are passing on him. 

He doesn't have enough experience tbh. Yeah sure he could be the next McVay, but he could also be Lane Kiffin.

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

That's what I mean when I said not great - all three of them to me are underwhelming and will likely end bad. 

2 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I said that earlier and I agree - I don't think Duce, Brady or Kafka can fill out a decent staff. 

Duce might have enough friends of friends that he could probably be ok getting a staff. I also think you can make Duce a figurehead and hire two good coordinators to run the offense and defense. 

13 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Duce might have enough friends of friends that he could probably be ok getting a staff. I also think you can make Duce a figurehead and hire two good coordinators to run the offense and defense. 

The players seem to love Duce. So many current and very recent Eagles have come out on Twitter and really are lobbying for him. Duce not necessarily being a play caller means he’d likely be able to attract a better OC but who knows for sure. He’s not my top want but if it winds up that way, I get it