-- [Complete] 2021 Head Coach Search - Nick Sirianni hired as Head Coach

Kiltman

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Ya we are gunna suck for four years straight, there is no hope, and we should just give up and sign whatever trash coach is willing to sign on with us.

Nobody said 4. I said 2-3 down years. Read better.

This is the NFL. Teams go from trash to playoff contenders every single year.

This is the NFL. Teams also stay bad from every single year. Some teams have been rebuilding for 25 years, as you all like to point out 😉

We might be terrible for the next four years and we might be a playoff team next year... who knows what happens. We play in a division where the winner of the division went 7-9. NO ONE was picking the Washington Football Team to win the NFC East. Hell not many people were picking them to get 7 wins. With decent coaching any team in the NFC East could make the playoffs next year, including the Eagles.

The winner had 7 wins because of a multitude of factors. Such as 3 new HC's with no offseason. Key injuries to most of the teams (like Dallas having over 60% of the cap injured at one point). Tough out of division SOS, obviously lessened by inter division games. 

In your heart of hearts do you really believe that next season 7 wins takes the division?

Didnt think so.

But ya, we the Eagles fans are stuck in lala land and should get our heads on straight, bow down to the mighty NFC East and pray we can see success again this coming decade. Being hopeful doesn't mean we aren't realistic. Ya, next year is likely bad due to the cap and our QBs, but what if the QBs play better again? And what if a new coach comes in and gets the best out of the young talent we drafted the past couple years and makes them look serviceable or better?

Wish in one hand.....

This teams talent level isn't what it was in 2017, but it certainly isn't as bad as it looked in 2020. Crazier things have happened in this league.

Thats why I said "most likely". Is it impossible that you flip the team in 1 year and are competing for 'ships in 2022? No. Not impossible.

Is it likely? No. It is most likely that you guys are rebuilding for 2-3 years and whatever coach you hire will be fired after Roseman is let go. 

Edited by Matts4313

36 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Would expect a heavy influx of salty Rams posters here if this were to happen.

By all accounts he’s a smart innovative guy. Worth the interview just to pick his brain at least.

He'd probably poach a McVay asst to be OC as well.

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

He'd probably poach a McVay asst to be OC as well.

Yeah he could, technically he could bring Kevin O’Connell with him since he’d get play calling here. Or like Shane Waldron who is their passing game coordinator....I’d be happier looking elsewhere though.

Heard some people mention Dave Ragone, who’s the Bears’ passing game coordinator as a name to watch. The two would know each other from Staley’s time in Chicago. He is rumored to be up for the Falcons OC job though. So he could be gone.

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah he could, technically he could bring Kevin O’Connell with him since he’d get play calling here. Or like Shane Waldron who is their passing game coordinator....I’d be happier looking elsewhere though.

Heard some people mention Dave Ragone, who’s the Bears’ passing game coordinator as a name to watch. The two would know each other from Staley’s time in Chicago. He is rumored to be up for the Falcons OC job though. So he could be gone.

Seeing Daboll likely to the Chargers now also.

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

I wouldn't mind Staley. 

........................... my brain just broke

You'd hate a whole bunch of good hires, but wouldn't mind Staley? Oh right the whole it means we suck and Howie gets fired in a couple years thing, right?

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

........................... my brain just broke

You'd hate a whole bunch of good hires, but wouldn't mind Staley? Oh right the whole it means we suck and Howie gets fired in a couple years thing, right?

He's a young brilliant defensive mind? What's not to like?

Whichever HC the birds bring in there are chances he’ll lose assistants so he has to have a good sense of systems and putting together a staff. 

Fixing Wentz is on Wentz he’s a professional football player, if he doesn’t change his approach to coaching or being coached up then yes he’s a lost cause. Coaches can only put him in position to succeed, up to him to work on his execution. Yes he might have lost confidence in those around him OL, WRs but that doesn’t mean stop doing your job.