-- [Complete] 2021 Head Coach Search - Nick Sirianni hired as Head Coach

Kiltman

22 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

He was the passing game coordinator and wide receivers coach. Uh he had nothing to do with burrow at all. 

It's very well documented that Joe Brady and Burrow constantly worked hand in hand. 

STEVE ENSMINGER: The first thing when he gets off the field, he talks to Joe Brady. I love Joe Brady. He's sitting there explaining to him what he saw the last series. I'm sitting there trying to get ready for the next series.

But he's so smart. What did you see on this play? Coach Brady is telling him, Hey, this is what we got. Joe Burrow is telling him, I saw this, everything else.

Q. What's happening on the headsets when you guys are in between series?
STEVE ENSMINGER: As I say, Coach Brady is on his set with Joe Burrow. They're discussing what they saw. 

Q. How do you decide on what you want to do in the red zone each time?
STEVE ENSMINGER: Look, I have a game plan that's sitting right here. I'll be honest with you here. When we get in the red zone, 12 in, that's Joe Brady. Unless I want to run a play-action, go fast, we'll go. When we get inside the 12, I tell Joe, It's yours and he calls it.

Q. Is it enjoyable working with a guy like Joe Brady who is able to be a right-hand man during the game?
STEVE ENSMINGER: It is. Like I said, Joe Brady talks to Joe Burrow as much as I do. Putting in this passing system and everything else, like I said, when Joe comes off the field, he's on the phone with Brady because I'm preparing for the next series. They're going through the last series.

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/LongFormArticle/LSU-Tigers-football-National-Championship-Game-Clemson-2020-New-Orleans-Steve-Ensminger-interview-142080486/#142080486_10

27 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I also think part of his problem is what does he do for KC? Andy is the real OC and it all works because the greatest QB of all time happens to play for them. 

He's a glorified RB coach - he's pretty much Anthony Lynn except he has the OC title. 

15 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I'd like to see Joe Brady HC/Duce OC combo

I think if Duce is passed up again he's gone. Especially if a guy with 2 years total experience as an OC, with one of those being college, gets the HC job.

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Firing one former bad Eagles QB/Andy Reid lover from the Chiefs for another is the most Jeffrey Lurie thing I’ve ever heard.

I wonder how many times he’s drunk dialed Andy to tell him he loves him and he’s the one who got away? 

Nightly 

48 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Duce now favorite in Vegas on FD

Duce Staley +100

Joe Brady +400

Mike Kafka +750

Brian Daboll +900

Eric Bieniemy +900

Jerod Mayo +900

Kellen Moore +900

Don Martindale +1000

Brandon Staley +1100

Lincoln Riley +1100

Todd Bowles +1100

ugh please no.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Firing one former bad Eagles QB/Andy Reid lover from the Chiefs for another is the most Jeffrey Lurie thing I’ve ever heard.

I wonder how many times he’s drunk dialed Andy to tell him he loves him and he’s the one who got away? 

The only hire out of those three that isn't that bad is Joe Brady, and that's still no great.

You have, like you said, another bad Eagles QB/AR staff member and you have an internal candidate; when your recently fired head coach suggested promoting an internal candidate you fired him.