-- [Complete] 2021 Head Coach Search - Nick Sirianni hired as Head Coach

Kiltman

1 minute ago, DeSean Jackson said:

6th is rushings tds, but 27th for points overall. Just goes to show how bad Newton and the wideouts are.

Nah, shows me McDaniels struggles in the red zone, and with the passing game in general when he doesn't have Tom Brady

Edited by Jeezla

You want Brian Daboll? Take away Diggs and he's always been a bad offense coordinator. Hard to be a good QB when the weapons around you are horrible.

No, I want Joe Brady or kellen Moore or Ryan Day (if they can get a decent staff together at their young ages). I would take Daboll in a heartbeat over McDaniels tho.

Edited by Jeezla

Daboll staying put in Buffalo.

The Houston Chronicle's Aaron Wilson reports Bills OC Brian Daboll will remain with the team after he was passed on for the Chargers' head-coaching vacancy.

Daboll would've been an all-too-obvious fit with Justin Herbert, but sticking around in Buffalo for another year will certainly do. Rather than rampantly searching for the right play-caller that would continue scheming Buffalo's offense to its personnel (rather than the other way around), the Bills will instead run it back with Daboll coordinating for Josh Allen, Stefon Diggs, John Brown, and the rest of the team's key pieces that remain under contract for at least one more year. This development keeps Allen in MVP conversations for the 2021 season.

Edited by Jlash
  • Like 1

Just now, DeSean Jackson said:

Brady is my number 1 also

I don't believe QB whisperers actually exist. Your HC/OC can gimp a QB if they are an idiot (Adam Gase/Jeff Fisher), but a great QB was probably going to be great regardless of their HC/OC. Wide Receiver Whisperer is something I do believe in, however, and I think Brady is the one guy who can salvage our 2020 WR class.

Just now, Jeezla said:

I don't believe QB whisperers actually exist. Your HC/OC can gimp a QB if they are an idiot (Adam Gase/Jeff Fisher), but a great QB was probably going to be great regardless of their HC/OC. Wide Receiver Whisperer is something I do believe in, however, and I think Brady is the one guy who can salvage our 2020 WR class.

I agree, I remember reading a report how Kyle Shanahan teaches his Wideouts to run routes a certain way and they always thrive. Something our wideouts always lacked was attention to detail, we need somebody to come in and have them buy into it. Reagor has the tools, just needs the refinement and put into positions to use his speed. One thing that drove me nuts was that Doug way to use his speedy players was just go balls, and screens... He needs to put him into more posts, crossers, routes of him running away from his dbs, I believe speed guys should run routes where they run away from the corner, and have a possesion guy for the comebacks, hitches, ins and outs. Joe Brady has done wonders with his wideouts in carolina and LSU, and always knows how to put them in the right position and thats what we need. I'm hoping we give him a second interview, but watching his press conferences it doesn't scream leader to me, and I can see him not getting a job based off that.

I agree, I remember reading a report how Kyle Shanahan teaches his Wideouts to run routes a certain way and they always thrive. Something our wideouts always lacked was attention to detail, we need somebody to come in and have them buy into it. Reagor has the tools, just needs the refinement and put into positions to use his speed. One thing that drove me nuts was that Doug way to use his speedy players was just go balls, and screens... He needs to put him into more posts, crossers, routes of him running away from his dbs, I believe speed guys should run routes where they run away from the corner, and have a possesion guy for the comebacks, hitches, ins and outs. Joe Brady has done wonders with his wideouts in carolina and LSU, and always knows how to put them in the right position and thats what we need. I'm hoping we give him a second interview, but watching his press conferences it doesn't scream leader to me, and I can see him not getting a job based off that.

Brady isn't the most charismatic dude, but it seems like people who play for him respect him, and that's ultimately what matters.