2021 Free Agent Thread

MikeT14

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

And what’s the one thing they didn’t have that entire time?

They tried, they signed Nick Foles the Super Bowl MVP to be their QB, they also drafted a QB in the top 5. 

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Ahh now we don’t need LBs because we have a DL. I wonder what excuse for not spending we’ll hear next? Honestly it’s like we’re living in the twilight zone. You would swear we’re coming off a super bowl season. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Ahh now we don’t need LBs because we have a DL. I wonder what excuse for not spending we’ll hear next? Honestly it’s like we’re living in the twilight zone. You would swear we’re coming off a super bowl season. 

But wait, they have at least talked to two LBs about coming to DC. So... yeah...

The day I start taking advice on how to build a football team from Mike Tanebaum is the day I put a gun to my head. 😂 

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I remember him being good as a young corner. I could be misremembering but didn’t he tear his ACL? If that’s as recent, that could explain why he had a down year last year. Also, two years ago Tennessee’s D was good last year their pass rush wasn’t as good which we all know makes the secondary look worse than what it is.

I mean it kind of hilarious to me that exactly what you are saying is what most people said about Darby when we signed him a year ago...

🤷‍♂️

disagree - all I knew about Darby was -- he could not stay healthy and on the field .! He knew he had talent.

53 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

disagree - all I knew about Darby was -- he could not stay healthy and on the field .! He knew he had talent.

You don’t think Adoree Jackson has talent? He has amazing talent and is a great punt returner too. It’s like you don’t even know who Jackson is. Jackson started is career off great then he had some knee injuries like last year he missed a lot with some knee issues. I think if we gave him an incentive laden contract that it would make sense or a one-year prove it deal they could get out of before the season starts if he doesn’t look good/healthy in offseason workouts.

31 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Talent.

They had plenty of talent, they’re 4 years removed from the AFC Championship Game and being a quarter away from going to the Super Bowl. Then, they didn’t and Tom Coughlin started doing what he does and screwed up a good thing they had going by micromanaging the team as a team president all the way down to the position coaches. He ruined team chemistry & their best players wanted out and eventually their best players were either cut or traded away and then they ended up with the #1 pick and will get Trevor Lawrence.

15 minutes ago, taylor made said:

looks like a steep price at 14 mill per year but I actually like this move. Most had him as the number 1 corner on the market and I think while he does cost more than Darby thathis ceiling is higher and hes more likely to be on the field

• Like 4