2021 Free Agent Thread

MikeT14

2 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Really like the William Jackson signing. The CB group is now a big strength.

Trent gets 6-138 from San Fran. He finally got what he wanted. Salute

Trent - $55 mill guaranteed . Big payday for a guy will be 33 this year. Love the guy but glad we aren't paying that deal- 

3 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Trent - $55 mill guaranteed . Big payday for a guy will be 33 this year. Love the guy but glad we aren't paying that deal- 

Eh, I'd still love to have him. He was a Top 3 tackle again, and based on what they're saying about that contract, it looks like it's really more of a 3/4 year deal spread out. No qualms. Good signing. 

• Like 1

If Bruce Allen ever gets a job again that franchise should be folded. We ended up with two third round picks and a 5th for the leagues best LT and a fringe top 10 QB that was in his prime. You can bag on Bill O’Brien all you want but Bruce is worse. 

• Like 1

A lot of “forgive and forget” types it seems. Not here. Trent is a jackass and it’s a shame when people get rewarded in the end for carrying themselves like he did.

That said, based on WFT logic, their fans must be distraught at the fact that they now won’t be able to sign Warner, Bosa, Deebo, Aiyuk, etc. because they gave money to an excellent player.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

If Bruce Allen ever gets a job again that franchise should be folded. We ended up with two third round picks and a 5th for the leagues best LT and a fringe top 10 QB that was in his prime. You can bag on Bill O’Brien all you want but Bruce is worse. 

He traded a 3rd rounder for a backup RB, a top 3 WR for a has been RB and a 2nd rounder, Clowney for has beens and a 3rd rounder (which was shipped off for said RB), 2 first rounders and a 2nd rounder and change for an above average tackle and a deep threat WR who caught 50 passes over 2 seasons for the team, a 3rd rounder for Conley - who was fine but they declined his option because he wasn't THAT fine, and gave up a 2nd rounder and bailed out the Rams for Cooks who had a solid year. 

I dunno, Allen might be GM #31 in that case. It's close. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

A lot of “forgive and forget” types it seems. Not here. Trent is a jackass and it’s a shame when people get rewarded in the end for carrying themselves like he did.

That said, based on WFT logic, their fans must be distraught at the fact that they now won’t be able to sign Warner, Bosa, Deebo, Aiyuk, etc. because they gave money to an excellent player.

NAILED IT!!!

Glad he's gone. 

7 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

I say let the price drop on them then. They willsign eventually and hopefully we can get a good deal on one. I dont see Golladay getting 20 mill avg like most thought he would. 

Corey Davis got an avg of 13 mill at the young age of 25, i dont see the top WR signing for more than 16 a year

I remember Golladay turned down 18 mil a yr extension from Detroit last season. His decision certainly doesn't look now. So yes I think you are right and he very well maybe a bargain and this will effect the other wr also. This looks good  for us. 

Edited by 4209
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, 4209 said:

I remember Golladay turned down 18 mil a yr extension from Detroit last season. His decision certainly doesn't look now. So yes I think you are right and he very well maybe a bargain and this will effect the other wr also. This looks good  for us. 

He needs to take the hint that there are a quite a few teams with a ton of cap space and a need at WR. And they still haven't gone out of their way to sign him.

So I agree that the smart move for those teams is to wait him out and watch his asking price come down.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 4209 said:

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

He needs to take the hint that there are a quite a few teams with a ton of cap space and a need at WR. And they still haven't gone out of their way to sign him.

So I agree that the smart move for those teams is to wait him out and watch his asking price come down.

I think I heard this morning that Fuller, Golladay and Juju all have the same agent (or some combination of three WRs). So the hold up is probably the agent having to do an about face on how he messed up. Or he's about to get a home run (longshot)?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Under the radar guys @ WR. Josh Reynolds, Rams and Rashard Higgins Browns. Seems like the type pf player we targeted last year. 

I like Reynolds, but is he that much better than Sims or maybe even Harmon? AGG might be bust worthy already, and I wouldn't mind the flyer on Reynolds. I just wouldn't expect much outside of filling another WR3/4 role. 

25 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Under the radar guys @ WR. Josh Reynolds, Rams and Rashard Higgins Browns. Seems like the type pf player we targeted last year. 

I really like Higgins.  He was starting to show some promise.  But like Samuel, he is not a top tier WR.

I can't imagine Juju here after all his antics.  Golladay would be great, but going to be a cost dilemma.  I like Fuller, but can he stay healthy?