2021 Free Agent Thread

MikeT14

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Now that they’ve resolved the QB pecking order for the season, I think the biggest elephant left in the room is the safety position. Specifically, what’s the plan for Collins and Curl? How are they going to deploy those two?

I’d love to sign or draft a true FS with a lot of range and playmaking ability, but I’m just not sure how much of an investment is appropriate, based on how they want to handle Collins/Curl. A short deal for Hooker makes sense to me as a smaller bet at the position.

I'm really hoping that we use our later 3rd on Divine Deablo.  He was the heart of the Hokie defense and 1st team all ACC at FS.  Most mock drafts I have seen have him as a early 4 - mid 5th round.  He just makes great plays all the time, 6-3, 225.  The games he was out, they played terrible.  Just seemed to make everyone around him better.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

I remember when Sundberg got hurt a couple seasons ago, and we brought in that guy (who was former Olympic gymnast Shawn Johnson’s husband) to replace him, and it was really bad. I hope they have something in mind, because it’s not really a position where it’s worth just picking up a bum off the streets to save $500k. 

Which begs the question.......if his performance was never in question, why are we going in a different direction?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Umbaugh21 said:

Malik Hooker is the next big name I’m looking at for a signing. Would probably come on a one year prove it deal with his injury history. If he could stay healthy... a ballhawk safety like that on this defense would perform big time. 

Is my most wanted FA at moment to,I'd also take Ant Harris if he cheap enough,but think the coaches know they can wait and get Tre Boston after draft if need be so won't overspend on either guy

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

I wouldn’t mind him not having a market and coming back dirt cheap to be our number 1 depth edge rusher

i think he's the key of having a deep edge rush for us. If sweat or chase gets hurt we can plug in kerrigan.

I would absolutely take Kerrigan back for a cheap deal, but I don’t know that he’s interested in coming back here. 

Not because he’s got bad feelings for us (unlike most guys who leave here), but just because there’s really no route other than injury to him getting more snaps here than he got last year. I think he wants to play, and I just don’t really see how that’s going to happen for him here.

I wouldn’t go any higher than 1/$4M or so, but it would be nice to not feel forced to use a pick on the DE position. Which as things currently stand, we will have to do, as we can’t go into the season with no pass-rush depth behind Young and Sweat. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Umbaugh21 said:

Malik Hooker is the next big name I’m looking at for a signing. Would probably come on a one year prove it deal with his injury history. If he could stay healthy... a ballhawk safety like that on this defense would perform big time. 

will ferrell yes GIF

I’m with E, Kerrigan doesn’t want to be here. Kerrigan asked for a trade last season, something we should’ve done but didn’t because we chose to keep him as insurance. Kerrigan wants to start somewhere or at least have near 50% of the DE/OLB snaps on a team and that’s not going to happen here. Maybe he’ll end up in Baltimore as a situational pass rusher seeing as they lost Judon.